Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Game Studios

Company »

Also known as "Microsoft Games", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", Xbox Game Studios is a primary subsidiary of the Microsoft Gaming division and handles publishing of their studios' games (including the Halo, Forza, and Gears of War series).

E3 2010 - Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#701  Edited By Claude

All the motion stuff made me dizzy, but I like motion. Fitness is huge, always has been, and to not jump aboard would be stupid. The mainstream press eats that shit up. I always thought, the bigger, the more nasty the underbelly could be. Can't get bigger, unless you grow.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#702  Edited By EmuLeader

So everyone there got a new Xbox?  Is being a gaming insider only way to get in to E3, or can you just by tickets for the right price?

Frostler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#703  Edited By Frostler

I'm excited for E3!

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#704  Edited By Kazona

Wasn't impressed by Kinect from a game standpoint at all. The technology seems really good, but the games are too meh for me to care.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#705  Edited By clarke0

Seeing the new Xbox design makes me regret ever getting a regular one. This design should of been what they released in the first place. I mean the Nintendo DS had built in Wi-Fi in 2004.

TheDarkPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#706  Edited By TheDarkPrince

i wonder if konect will work for peopel like me who have one arm shorter then the other (?_?) the new MGS lok amizing the triler was great iwth the game play the ending was funny (^_^) ha melons
    keoskey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#707  Edited By keoskey

i surprised they did not do a demo of fable 3 with kinect.

peewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708  Edited By peewi

MGS Rising was by far my favorite thing in the conference.
    ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#709  Edited By ocdog45

the exclusive thing is stupid IMO. I'm reading that people don't like the new 360, but it looks tight. of course they go black copying the ps3, but nintendo did it too. I wonder if people will buy into this natal thing.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710  Edited By penguindust

The way I see it, Nintendo and Sony are going to have to do something stupifyingly mundane to present a worse press conference than Microsoft this year.  It's too bad, because the show began pretty good.  COD: Black Ops, new Gears, the amazing MGS Rising, and then some really special Halo Reach single-player.  Then came the Kinect (Natal) stuff and I quickly realized that this thing was not for me and not for anyone I know.  Well, maybe my niece who is three could be amused with the kitten game for a few minutes.  I thought the idea of having two press conferences for Kinect was to showcase the device in the first gathering and give details in the second, but they didn't.  Boring "Wii-too" games that look even more ridiculous without a controller, no price point and I think no release date.   Where were the games that Microsoft usually brings out that we can play this holiday?  Of the games that do speak to me, only MGS Rising, a multi-platform game, is the only one that got me really excited.  I've played all the others in some other fashion already.   

Overall it was a horrible show that was "beaten" by both the EA show and the Ubisoft show later that day.  I'm grading it a "D". 

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#711  Edited By Jensonb
    @EmuLeader said:

" So everyone there got a new Xbox?  Is being a gaming insider only way to get in to E3, or can you just by tickets for the right price? "

Yes, that's the only way to get into E3 (In theory). The Press Conferences are Invite-Only and the Companies in question send out the Invites. Everyone in that room was an Industry insider. 

Edit: Or, well, I guess there were probably celebrities.
    EVILfunkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712  Edited By EVILfunkster

Far too much Kinect stuff, but it was to be expected really.  Do want the new 360 though.

ka_tet19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#713  Edited By ka_tet19

Sill not convinced that motion control is the future of gaming. It certainly is a nice compliment to regular gaming, but doesn't stand on its own merit yet.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#714  Edited By citizenkane
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " That was fucking terrible.  Why do they show casual stuff at E3? do they really think that casual gamers who would play games like that tiger game would watch E3? "
    They are showing it to the journalists who will then show it to those gamers. "
    Yeah but you see..ummm....  Hehe, but seriously you just owned me there -_- I still didn't like the press conference at all though. "
    "Show it to those gamers"... like... their family? Sure, maybe. But that's not a lot of people. "
    Show it to the casual gamers who probably don't follow E3 religiously like we do.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#715  Edited By get2sammyb
    @targ said:
    " I am not sure if it has been mentioned but it worth saying again anyway. I am sooo glad no one talked about numbers, I mean no pie graphs or charts or anything. just games, games, more games oh and every one here gets a Free Xbox. WTF like they need one, Grats to everyone who got one I'm just jealous. "
    The no-numbers thing is a good move. I'm really hoping Sony don't do numbers, or if they absolutely have to, I hope it's just "We've sold 30 million PS3's" and then move on. There's just no need for it. They can get that information out to the press in a press release, and can hold separate briefings for investors if they really need to.
    CDUBBE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716  Edited By CDUBBE

Think indie developers will get a chance to work with kinect in their games?

atomicfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#717  Edited By atomicfox

Really wish my 360 could have held out a couple more months rather than dieing in November.

kingjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718  Edited By kingjeff

where does Nintendo go from here?  all of this Kinect stuff makes the Wii look obsolete.

Gre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719  Edited By Gre
    @kingjeff said:
    " where does Nintendo go from here?  all of this Kinect stuff makes the Wii look obsolete. "
    But tons of people already have a wii - I guess they need to make money selling software.  Plus the Wii is still a better deal than Xbox + Kinect.
    ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#720  Edited By ShadowVirus

Maybe Nintendo will have something big to show us this year as opposed to last year that may be a competition to Kinect and Move.

Starklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721  Edited By Starklight
    @Gre said:
    " @kingjeff said:
    " where does Nintendo go from here?  all of this Kinect stuff makes the Wii look obsolete. "
    But tons of people already have a wii - I guess they need to make money selling software.  Plus the Wii is still a better deal than Xbox + Kinect. "
    I think the wii still has its uses; Kinect seems cool and all, but without a controller it might actually be very limited.
    FenrizDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722  Edited By FenrizDude

The only thing I really cared for at the Microsoft presentation was the real games like, MGS, Crysis 2, Gears 3 and so on, I couldnt care less about  Kinect, Move or Wii. If I want to play a game  I rather stick to a controller or a racing wheel. Now give us a release date for GT5!!

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723  Edited By Pibo47

Woot, pretty pumped about most these games. 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#724  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm going to unsticky this since we now have the Nintendo AND Sony press conference threads stickied. Feel free to keep discussing, though.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#725  Edited By Ace829

I think we can safely say Microsoft are the big losers this year.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#726  Edited By guiseppe

How can you say that when Sony haven't even had theirs yet? Also, did you watch the Ubisoft media briefing? It was TERRIBLE.

Avatar image for youreawizardharry
    YoureAWizardHarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i call it Reach

sakarot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728  Edited By sakarot

How long until they release Kinect 2.0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.