Vinny, Brad, and Alex are leaving the site. Last day is Friday.

Shimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Well, shit...

Best of luck to Vinny, Brad, and Alex. You made us laugh, you made us cry, and now you make us wanna die.

But seriously, you guys rock.

beatchef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow, I've been around since the very beginning, I listened to Arrow Pointing Down at the end of one job and then the beginning of Giant Bomb casts when I was unemployed. I'm in shock from this news but I guess it's been coming, I would have expected Brad to be the very last to leave if ever. Thank you duders for so many years of entertainment and memories.

SlugLine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been here since day one, through many laughs and even some tears. Stunned... but as they say, all great things must eventually end. Tuesdays and Thursdays will never be the same. Nonetheless, HELL of a job, gentlemen. Best of luck moving forward. Duders 4 life.

emperordahc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By emperordahc

I've been with them since the GameSpot days.

This feels like Ryan dying all over again; my life just got flipped again. Wish them the best.

emofratparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

o7

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

I don’t have anything profound to say. I’m just really sad about it. Wishing everybody the absolute best. I went back and checked my billing history— been a premium member since March 14, 2013 but I was coming to the site long before that. End of a major era that won’t be repeated anytime soon.

DeadlyCyclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, where does the site go from here. JeffBomb.

Can't wait to see what the guys do next.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super sad news, but I can not blame them in the slightest.

They may have put in bit over a decade into Giant Bomb, but almost all of them have put over 2 if not close to 2 decades in the game industry as a whole. I'm honestly surprised they aren't just retiring, can only imagine.

Best of luck to all of them and for those that remain at GB I look forward to where things go!

mixmixmixmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WELL THIS IS LESS THAN IDEAL. good luck guys!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've been following this site for as long as its existed, and following this crew for even longer. There have been a lot of changes over the years, but none as big as this. Jeff is the only remaining member of the original crew, and its hard for me to even imagine the site without the rest.

Change sucks. Sometimes it leads to things you didn't know you wanted, but I don't think that will be on Giant Bomb. Maybe the others will end up making some cool stuff. But I'll miss this.

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will follow these duders where ever they go forever. Thank you for keeping my passion for video gaming alive. And good god thank you for all the laughs. Very saddened, but hope its what they need/want! VIVA LA BEAST!

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By DopeToast

I've loved you all for so long.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: Let's be honest, if this site is even still up by the end of the month it'll just be a repository for the website. Giant Bomb is dead.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve been coming here since I was 28. I’m 40 now. Over a decade of having these guys talk in my ear or show on my screen almost every day.

I very sad it’s seems to be coming to an end.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Heartbroken. Just heartbroken. Much love to y'all.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Loved these guys for years. I found Giant Bomb during a tough transitional part of my life and they absolutely pulled me out of the muck. End of an era for sure - best of luck to everyone going forward.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just catching up on this now. I've been listening or reading their content since 2005 so not having Brad, Vinny and Alex as a weekly constant is going to take some adjusting since they've been great.

I was really hoping to demo Darkest Dungeon II to them at a show and obviously that couldn't happen in 2020 / 2021. And now knowing that Alex won't be covering it in a Quick Look really bums me out.

I've also met them all a few times at PAX shows and they've been very nice. I had a very long conversation with Vinny after both of us had tried the HTC Vive for the first time the same year that they rented out a club for live shows at PAX West.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#171  Edited By Mezmero

This is a lot to take in but I think I understand. Honestly it's laudable that they've been at this for as long as they have been. I've been following them since the Gamespot days so I know they all have good heads on their shoulders for bigger and better things. Thanks for all the laughs through the years and best of luck to you all.

Nightwatchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex, Brad, Vinny, I'll miss you all very much. I'm sure I speak for many when I say you have all been a large/small part of my life for years, in the best way possible. I'm very thankful, and wish you lots of luck in whatever's next.

THANK YOU!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've been watching these three, Jeff, Ryan and Rorie since way back when they were at Gamespot. It was such a trip following them here, experiencing the Whiskey Media days... They've been with me through so much of my life....

Soooo, I've been working my way though depression again. It's been a thing since I was 8 or so. I'm 36 now and I've got it mostly under control. Just a month here or there where I spend lots of time sleeping. And a thing I've been doing for years now is put a GB video on in the backgroung while I sleep or chill or play a repetetive loot game or something. I listen to them when I go running, when I commute... They hold a very special place in my heart, in my life. I wish Alex, Brad and Vinny the abolute best. And of course everyone staying with the site.

Giant Bomb is so fucking great! It has put so many people on my radar who I will follow to the end of the earth. Just kind-hearted, naturally funny, well-spoken people. Everyone who has worked here is an absolutely phenomenal person and hopefully this will continue into the future if the remaining staff manages to build something great from these ashes

Thank you, duders! Much love to the staff, mods and all us members.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zengaijin:

This is the hardest part of this for sure. I was devastated when 1up died and now we going through it all again

M3cha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By M3cha

Wow, this is wild.

I started listening/consuming Giant Bomb content when I was 20. I'm two months away from 30 - literally a third of my life has been listening/viewing Giant Bomb content 6-8 hours a week.

While Giant Bomb isn't ending this Friday, several huge components are leaving - all of GBeast!

Damn, sucks, but hey - I hope they have great success in their following careers and their personal lives. An end of a significant era in GiantBomb history. Will be interesting to see how the site proceeds forward, with Jeff being the only original member now and Jason/Jan being producers (especially Jason as of late) instead of "talent," and Rorie is largely behind-the-scenes. Will there be new hires? How will this continue when Jeff has his second child with his wife in September?

Definitely interesting times. Personally sad, but let's see how it goes!

mfnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Absolutely gutted.

Thank you so much for the years & years of brilliant content!

pye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love these guys. I don't know what else to say right now but thank you. Thank you for everything <>.

Windir2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My day, maybe my entire week, is ruined.

bigmini77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man fuck, I've been following Giantbomb since the arrow pointing down days, this is devastating.

But best of luck guys! Brad, Vinny and Alex you guys are incredible, thanks for all the years you've been here. I'm sure whatever you guys do next will be amazing!

o7

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't we speculate?

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Scott2375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels like I got punched in the gut...(My Tuesdays will never be the same again)..

scrappypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fully heartbroken, i never thought this day would come.

o7<>

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

From the moment they hired him, I always got the impression Brad would be leaving quickly - glad to see I was finally proved right.

I kid because I don’t know what else to do with this mess of emotions: happy for the duders moving on to new and exciting things, sad we won’t see them together like they used to be, scared for the future of a site and the people left behind who I’ve enjoyed very much.

<>

PananaBeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB (mainly via the podcast) drew me into video games in a way I had never been before. Their game criticisms, observations, and comparisons to other games served as a kind of education for me. I never realized how shallow and ignorant I was about the games medium until I listened to them.

Brad, Alex, and Vinny have such unique perspectives, and losing them is absolutely crushing. I've learned so much from each of them.

Vinny: Your sense of humor kills me. You always manage to gently massage jokes into the podcast, planting seeds that bloom into laughter.

Brad: You always struck me as the analytical type. Listening to you talk about your impressions of a game or video game news promises clear, thought-provoking insights.

Alex: You speak with an intensity that demonstrates how passionate you are for the topics you discuss. Somehow, you've also found a way to be funny by drawing attention to various absurdities in your colleague's statements. Your, "wwwwwoooooooooowwww" always makes me laugh.

TheDriveIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

o7

Love these guys, and hope they crush it wherever they go.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this would happen eventually but fuckkkkkkkk. I don't even watch content on the site anymore (real life sucks) but I still pay my sub because of all the years of help this site has given me. I really don't know if I would be here without GB at some of the worst times in my life. I hope Giantbomb lives on and I hope that these three find a good home. I was in highschool when I started watching giantbomb and now I'm late for a meeting thinking about this.

Ector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels like my favorite band is breaking up, when I first saw the clip from this weeks bombcast I thought they were shutting down. I'm glad they aren't but sad to see them go, wish em all the best, there's 10 years of content with all of them in it andI doubt it will be going anywhere. We salute you guys, and all you have given us!

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By MobiusFun

Felt this was relevant:

Ugh, the link I posted didn't work and I can't figure out how to embed tweets either. Just google "The curse of the kingdom hearts LP".

djellyhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the good times and good memories before and after Giant Bomb came about. I've been following for a long time and i'm interested to see what Jeff has to say about the future but i can't deny that it's a bit of a sad time at the moment.

Anyway, Best wishes and good luck to everyone!

Kunakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freaking heart breaking.

Hopefully their futures are as bright as their pasts.

Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a lot more options for content creators available now than back in '08. I hope we fans will hear from these guys sooner rather than later. Their presence has been an almost daily ritual for me for over a dozen years! It's funny, I even have an iOS automation called 'Vinny' I run that plays the beast cast on a speaker every time my alarm goes off! Crazy news to hear just before bedtime.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Alex and Vinny, I love you two together whenever you’d play something, espacially with Austin back in the day was a blast. I am so, so sad to see all 3 of you go because you’ve always been here. Wish you all the best of luck!

RobKenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have not logged into this account for 7 years (wow time flys); I never really kept with the site after Ryan's passing. But I hope @vinny@alex and @brad do well wherever they land up!

Good luck all!

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all knew the eventual endgame for this site is Jeff alone in a garage yelling into a camera. We just didn’t expect it to come so soon.

But seriously, Vinny, Brad, and Alex have been brightening my days since before this site was even an idea. I wish them luck with whatever they move on to, and hope that they aren’t completely out of video game talking. They will be missed.

madsoultorsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So sad, But things change. :(

Have been with you all since 2005 through Gamespot and up. Keep it up guys. Feels really empty but life is life. I really do hope they can keep the video archive up as long as possible though. Need to remind myself of all the good times.

riv3nt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man... don't even know what to say. Super sad news for me, but I'm sure they've all got plans for the future so good luck to all of them wherever they land and, seriously... thank you Vinny, Brad and Alex for all the years of entertainment.

Avatar image for deactivated-636ea10c8151d
deactivated-636ea10c8151d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I still pay in May? I don't need a free month.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

All the best in new endeavours!

<>

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to all of you. @vinny@alex@brad Just remember, during your time on this site you have shot dudes on a plane, fought Dracula and went to the fucking moon and back.

You can't beat that. Enjoy whatever comes next.