Is the "New Day Pod" okay for someone who doesn't like the ND?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang,

So, since Dan went to the E, I know he's working on the New Day Pod. Now, I find the characters of the ND in the WWE absolutely abhorrent, but in terms of actual people, I find them very charming and endearing. I find Big E alarmingly lucid, and I really respect Austin's intelligence when he comes to discussions.

How is the NDP? I can't seem to find it on Spotify, is my only problem

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's indeed on Spotify ("The New Day: Feel the Power"), and outside the intro which is waaay too f'n loud, they're pretty much themselves and this feels like a natural progression of some of the old UUDD content Austin put out before the company seemingly got involved. Be sure to check out "Little Big E" where his college roommate stops by...who I believe appeared on a couple of the longer vlog-like episodes of UUDD years back. Good stuff....and that so Dan-like it makes me question if Dan himself was always workin' "Would the Usos still be twins if they were born a day apart" conversation from last week's episode felt as if it was ripped right from the Beastcast.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I've listened to a few episodes and unfortunately there is very little to no Dan in most episodes. Which is a shame because he has great charisma (dunno why I need to say that here of all places). I think his biggest contribution was to the latest (TV Bracket) episode.

ObamasAmerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I have ever seen someone say they didn't like New Day.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I have ever seen someone say they didn't like New Day.

There's a lot of us

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BladedEdge

If you like the back and forth and interactions they have on Xavier/Austin's Up Up Down Down youtube channel, you'll like the podcast. They are themselves, not characters, while mostly just goofing and talking with each other. The first few podcasts have been each week they bring on a friend of one of the 3 main New Day Members, who tells stories about their past and lives.

Heck the first podcast they did with the Uso's was mostly about their shared time in FCW and the initial entry into training to maybe join WWE. The story of Big E getting kicked out of the only couch in their apartment and ending up sleeping in his car stands out to me.

Actually, I suggest people start with that Uso's podcast. Since its the first, IIRC, instance of Dan showing up, the content of which if you haven't seen should prove hilarious to GB duders. (They ask Dan to settle a debate ).

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obamasamerica: I've never seen anyone say they don't like the individuals behind the gimmick, but plenty of people dislike the gimmick.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obamasamerica: I've never seen anyone say they don't like the individuals behind the gimmick, but plenty of people dislike the gimmick.

This. The ND gimmick is probably one of the most egregrious in wrestling history, but I like Xavier's extensive game knowledge, and I love LOVE how utterly anarchic Big E is.