Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghost of Tsushima

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 17, 2020

Ghost of Tsushima is an open-world action-adventure game set in feudal Japan.

There's a new story trailer for this, and it's out June 26

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey, take a look? Sucker Punch sure knows how to make pretty games. Interesting that they made one of the first good PS4 exclusives (Infamous: Second Son) and will be wrapping up the PS4 with what looks like a heck of a game.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Yup, still looks rad. Considering their past works (Sly Cooper specifically), it feels like Sucker Punch is moving parallel to how Naughty Dog did last gen.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ghost_cat

This looks great, but I have to say it: I am really tired of Asian-centered entertainment products (i.e. film and video games) where the English dubbing is done with a medium to thick accent, especially if the company producing it is English. If it is about an Asian man or woman coming to an English-speaking country, trying to speak English, then I get it, but I think we should all be past this by now. I don't know if this game will have full Japanese dialog with subtitles, but I would rather have the option of OG audio language and subtitles, or just normal English audio for dubbing.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@ghost_cat: It has full Japanese VO with English subs. Here's the Japanese trailer so you can hear what the VO sounds like (spoilers: it's miles better):

Loading Video...

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Yeah that's a hell of a lot better, thanks for sharing!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Second Son felt like a launch game, but when they have some experience on new hardware they can really make some incredible stuff. Infamous 2 is still one of my favorite PS3 games. And I'm kind of glad this got delayed to get some distance from the glory of Sekiro. Tsushima looks incredible and I'm pleasantly surprised by a mid-year launch.

Yes, I just called the PS4 new?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Second Son felt like a launch game, but when they have some experience on new hardware they can really make some incredible stuff. Infamous 2 is still one of my favorite PS3 games. And I'm kind of glad this got delayed to get some distance from the glory of Sekiro. Tsushima looks incredible and I'm pleasantly surprised by a mid-year launch.

Yes, I just called the PS4 new?

I really liked Second Son! It definitely felt a bit briefer than the other Infamous games (and getting a third skill set right at the end of the game was super weird), but my god did it look great as a a launch-window title.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Heck yeah, it was quite nice looking, even on my old 720p set. I think I invested so much early PS4 hope on that game that I was underwhelmed by it being just pretty good.

Never did get to that DLC.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@rorie: Heck yeah, it was quite nice looking, even on my old 720p set. I think I invested so much early PS4 hope on that game that I was underwhelmed by it being just pretty good.

Never did get to that DLC.

I don't think I got too far into it either. I never found Fetch or whatshername to be all that compelling of a character.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@rorie: I actually worked my way backwards as the Fetch stand alone DLC was released on PS+ and it made me go buy the full game which I enjoyed a whole lot. Second Son was the perfect launch title - it featured great next gen graphics and ran at a very close to 60 framerate. It really made you think that this is a substantial step up from the games we got on 360/PS3. I even enjoyed all their wacky implementations of the PS4 controller motion control capabilities.

Kind of a shame they never followed up with another infamous during this generation.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheRealTurk

That trailer definitely look cool. Nonetheless, I will definitely be waiting for extensive reviews and gameplay footage. I still feel burned by Sekiro, so I won't be making the same mistake twice.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Yeah, it does make a lot of sense for this game to have Japanese voice acting, but I just can't. I can't do anime unless it's dubbed, and there's no way I can do this either. Something about it just really turns me off. No idea why I feel that way because I know native VO should sound better (although I can't tell honestly). It might be that It feels less relatable to me? Maybe my brain is just lazy.

What's really weird is when I remember past subbed things I've watched my mind always remembers the voice acting being in english, even though it was very much subbed.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't have a clue what this game actually is. I think everything I thought it was is actually Sekiro.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Still kinda shocked this wasn't pushed to be a launch title for PS5. This looks good on its face and I love historical open world games, but I also found Second Son pretty boring with very underwhelming open world design, so I'm gonna wait and see how the reviews and Quick Look shape up.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the English vs Japanese thing, I'm actually more bothered by the lip syncing. It's clear the mocap and performances were by the english actors, so that's what I'll probably stick with. Which is a shame, because I would have preferred it have been made in Japanese from the get go.

Game looks good though.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casepb: I feel like this a weird case because, technically, English is the "Native" VO. The game is entirely made in the US, despite being about Japan. Like, there are plenty of Anime that take place in not-Japan but I feel like most people would still argue that those should be watched in their "original language" (Japanese).

This feels like more of a case of people like to shit on English VO and prop up Japanese VO as much as possible, but maybe that's just coming from a perspective of being into anime and having to hear that ALL THE TIME.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I kept getting this and Sekiro confused originally.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

On the English vs Japanese thing, I'm actually more bothered by the lip syncing. It's clear the mocap and performances were by the english actors, so that's what I'll probably stick with. Which is a shame, because I would have preferred it have been made in Japanese from the get go.

Yeah this really put me off too, I watched the JP trailer first and was astounded how bad the lip sync was.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ginormous76: Yeah its really hard to tell what it is. Is it soulslike, a stealth game or action adventure with stealth elements. Its hard to tell from all the gameplay shown so far.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghost_cat: I agre with you, but at least it seems the VO cast with accents are appropriately cast (at least, superficially from what I could find). That being said, I wish more games just had the courage to put the native language of the place it’s taking place in as the default with English as a secondary option.

I hope this game is as good as it’s good looking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.