Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 5

Platform »

Sony's fifth PlayStation console launched on November 12, 2020 with two models: a standard edition with a disk drive and a digital edition without.

Dual Sense will make PSVR set the VR Bar.

Avatar image for senorsucks2suck
    senorsucks2suck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

I loved (yes past tense) VR and I really don't see myself playing VR much with move controllers if i do play VR again. I think VR is most optimal for games that are played with a controller like Resident Evil 7 or Rigs. I don't see myself ever caring about room scale when doing things like playing sports IRL is something i do daily, thought admittedly i haven't played anything that uses move controllers. I'm still intrigued by our real world. Maybe Sony's Move-2 controllers will feature the similar tech to the dual sense and really change my mind. The announcement on the means of acquiring the PS4 camera adapter makes me curious about how all in Sony will go with PS5. Wireless or not the controllers maketh the game. All the squealing from journalists about the dual sense has me excited for VR capabilities and not traditional games.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

If they put the feedback and haptics into controllers designed for VR, then yes, but a traditional controller will stop VR hitting its true potential.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Well, the good news is VR won't be functional with PS5...at leats not at launcg and not out of the box. Moreover, in and interview Sony spokemsn hasaid that VR won't be something they push again in teh next two years. I think they want to set expectations for seeing Sony VR 2 arriving anytime soon.

Yo be honest taht sounds good to me. I think Sony pushed VR when they iron was hot, they added to teh marketplace push at exactly the right time and then they tucked into the "bobsled" to ride-it-out as long as they could.

I do think taht we will see a SOny VR 2 eventaully, but that might not be for three more years. I think when SOny does VR against it won't be a $500 add-on to a $400 console. When they make their second push it will be a $150 headset that is totally wireless. It will be less expensive, more visually impressive, faster, and more consumer friendly - JMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.