Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocket League

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 07, 2015

The sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Rocket League is the second vehicular sports-action game developed by Psyonix.

The best game ever made is coming to Playstation Plus

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@bollard: I like the music, maybe not the vocals but it's not like the music plays in game so this is the only way to hear it; also it doesn't murder my PS4 apparently, I must have watched this video like 30 times already.

Now you got me desperate to go home and play more Rocket League. Just the sound of it gets my engine revving (you can thank me for that terrible joke later).

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@gibbs0o0: Does being 28 make you feel like an ancient motherfucker? I'm 27 and feel like a spring chicken personally; but I know Kronovi is a baby by comparison. How big was the community for the previous game? Once upon a time I was the best at a game that no one played so I had to train up a bunch of people to play it and this eventually made me better at the game (also we beat the former best teams with nothing but my trainees at like a 70% clip or so), so I sympathize with that approach somewhat.

Also cool to see you regardless!

Gibbs0o0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@fredchuckdave: Yea I feel pretty ancient. I felt more ancient in the first game though because all the great players besides me were just hitting puberty. the first game had a very small community we were very lucky to have 1k on at a time, and that was around launch.

I used to run NA tournaments for the first game and we basically had to always do 2v2's because there wasn't enough for anything bigger.

We are all shocked this game is getting so big but it is awesome and I plan to ride it as long as I can. :)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Rev it up, for the Immortan... Rocket League!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bot campaign has achieved a miraculous comeback following its great defeat of yesterday (playing on my brother's PS4):

Loading Video...

Also sometimes the ball just needs a little nudge for moral support:

Loading Video...

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My god this is fun as FUCK!

I will probably surgically remove my PS button for this, it's so hectic I keep tabbing out to dashboard inadvertently.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: Here's an example of an off the backboard goal that I was talking about earlier; as the ball went up the first time following my disgraceful attempt I was like "Damn if only I had waited," but then it went up again...

Loading Video...

Not even my best aerial hit in the game, though my team didn't do much with the other one (pretty good setup); the whole game is worth watching. I think my positioning is improving and my aerial game is slowly improving, but I still misjudge the ball a fair amount.

@sterling We may have grossly underestimated the bots' capabilities:

Loading Video...

We went down 4-0 in the game (the other team's bot doing huge amounts of work), but Jester was just sandbagging apparently.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot: lol I keep bringing the keyboard up every time I go for a shot I get so excited.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By Honkalot

Jesus christ the ai teammates in season mode literally only kick the ball or me away when I have clear goals lined up.

So frustrating, when the servers are stable I am never touching single player again.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game is great, I am just now getting the hang of the movement and positioning in the game. At first I was just blindly going after the ball and that accomplishes nothing.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

GB has embraced our robot overlords! Live stream! East vs West!

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The GBwest GBeast livestream inspired me to give this game another shot on PS4 and I had a lot of fun, and even scored a hat trick in an online game!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yo, this game's dope.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You know what's fun? Your team bailing on you during a ranked match (no bots in ranked) and then getting to go 3 v 1 for the duration. I lost 5 to 2 but I was pretty proud of those 2 points.

And the lag, it's weird I don't experience much lag at all in unranked but several ranked matches have been nearly unplayable.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By Honkalot

@citizencoffeecake: Matchmaking issues aside I have been having a lot of lag or 10-20 second disconnections in a lot of games. Even if a server works fine the first match it's no guarantee for me that it'll work in a rematch afterward.

The lag manifests really weird, as the car will randomly slide right and left over and over again as if it was pushed by another player.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not at all a online guy but this is great

im exctied to continue to play until everyone gets so good its not fun anymore

Gibbs0o0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Friday (Gamebattles) and Sunday (ESL) there will be some 3v3 tournaments. Sign up or come watch some competitive play on those days. It was a blast last week for ESL should be more of the same. :)

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing the season mode. A game with 0 goals and intense play and god tier saves goes into overtime. Two minutes into overtime one of my AI teammates slams in a self-goal.

All my hair is torn off from my head and is on the floor.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The feeling when you just completely out-class everyone else on the field is pretty good. I'm not even good at the game, I must have just been playing some fuck boys ha. It was a good ego boost after coming off a few consecutive losses.

No Caption Provided

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Craziest save I've seen so far:

Loading Video...

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is so fucking amazing. Finally downloaded it and couldn't stop playing with my friend.

One of the best of the year

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man with literally a second left on the clock, I smash into an opponents car, he goes hurtling into the ball, and the ball flys into the back of the net, 0 on the clock. It wins us the game. Unbelievable. And then the trophy pops :D

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm mostly digging the GOLLLLLLLLLLL from the announcer but yes, late to the party and this is fun as fuck.

now to get trounced online. :D

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: The bots stole my hard earned own goal earlier:

Loading Video...

However the servers struck back with a vengeance, you WILL not hit the ball bots!

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot Low Altitude Aerial:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

An EPIC SAVE from above! ... Yeah, I definitely meant to do that.

Loading Video...

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game's brilliant. I mean, I completely suck at it, but it's great.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I finally got my pool shot goal, somehow I didn't get the goal though, I got an assist; recording failed but here's the screenshot:

No Caption Provided

And here's a relatively run of the mill off the wall goal, I think this shot is pretty easy just everyone (including me) sucks at it right now:

Loading Video...

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing season just practicing aerials when I scored this one earlier. I don't think it's impressive really but I like the way it looks.

Loading Video...

Also, anybody else having problems hoarding boost? I always want to have enough if I need it but I'm often driving around with too much and end up wasting it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Sometimes the other team just plays so wonderfully you can't help but marvel:

Loading Video...

@topsteer:Just boost in the direction of another boost pad, outside of chaos there should always be several available.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topsteer said:

Also, anybody else having problems hoarding boost? I always want to have enough if I need it but I'm often driving around with too much and end up wasting it.

If you're using boost to get back and defend you're doing it wrong. Just do front flips instead to gain speed. It's free and when you're retreating you don't care about being 100% accurate in your heading.

I don't see how you can have "too much" boost either. You always want it to be full, so if you need it you can go for it. I also always strive to keep my boost at 90%, not 100%, because that way if I go over a boost pad I take it, denying the other team access to more boost.

If there isn't anything going on that urgently needs me I turn off ball cam, locate my nearest boost pad and front flip towards it, then turn ball cam back on while I'm travelling towards it to check if my team needs me.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Generally speaking the front flipping is only good if you're not in the vicinity of the ball, most of the best players use their boost pretty liberally on the ground. Obviously you should front flip if you're off in oblivion somewhere but as far just maintaining a high rate of speed that's not the way to do it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Generally speaking the front flipping is only good if you're not in the vicinity of the ball, most of the best players use their boost pretty liberally on the ground. Obviously you should front flip if you're off in oblivion somewhere but as far just maintaining a high rate of speed that's not the way to do it.

Three front flips = max speed, or 2 if you've already got a bit of speed or a splash of boost. I can't count the number of times I have used front flips to get to my goal faster than everyone else when I was just attacking the ball and it got knocked back. As I said, I'm talking about retreating to goal, or racing to a boost pad, not going for the ball. Definitely wouldn't use front flips to try and race to the ball unless it was medium-far away (e.g. the flip wouldn't cause me to collide with or miss the ball), I had no boost and was neck-a-neck with an opponent.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For whatever reason I seem to play better on a big screen TV (normally not really an issue for me), maybe the deceptive ball camera is less deceptive on a larger screen. I'm starting to get okay at wall hits though, so that's something, now if only I could juggle the ball in the air off the nose of my car 3 times and then score it, that Kronovi tech.

@sterling The bots really hit me in the gut today:

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket League is the gift that never stops giving:

Loading Video...

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still playing this a lot, still fun as hell.

Just curious, does the 500km trophy actually mean 500km? I did some loose math adding up what I have on a couple different tires and it looks like somewhere around 30-40km. And I've played, I don't know, anywhere between 15-30 hours. Haven't been keeping a count.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot: It was bugged to be 60-70 around launch and plus it didn't work online (wouldn't accumulate mileage), I'm assuming the patch fixed both of these things so it's now actually a huge number but it also works when you're playing the fun way.

Not so Rookie after all:

Loading Video...

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By topsteer

Would anybody be kind enough to help me get the last trophy for the platinum? All I need is to play online with a friend. The only modes I don't wanna play are 4v4 or any ranked games.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@topsteer: Send me a friend request: Crimson_Ryan

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: Awesome! Thanks again for the help, that was a fun game.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topsteer: No problem friend. It was pretty good. I almost self-goaled like twice but that's the game.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: Also sorry for no headset, I didn't even think about putting one on. I still think I'm too aggressive at times and I'm a terrible goalie, if I see anybody near our goal I try my best to stay away from them.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topsteer: It's chill bruh. I usually chat in a party so I didn't even know Rocket League had voice-chat before I used it.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#345  Edited By Sessh

Has anyone else been experiencing a bug were suddenly in the middle of a match all the player name tags above the cars just dissapear and never come back? It's a real fucking problem with all the different cars/liveries/attachments.

Also I so wish you could boost while going backwards. They should totally add that ability in a patch or via DLC.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

@sessh: If you flip while driving you will reach boost speeds. This works forward and backward. Once I realized this I started saving a lot more boost for crucial shots or quick saves.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#347  Edited By Sessh

@natetodamax: Yeah, I know. It's just that I have trouble backflipping multiple times and keeping on course when going backwards. This would be way easier if the boost just worked both ways and I honestly don't see why it shouldn't.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update is out with 3 free trophies to get, the first two are simple but the third is getting an Aerial Goal which I'm sure some people will find to be difficult, here's an easy enough way to do it (vs Rookie AI) that can also work in actual matches:

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the new song if you want to get it stuck in your head, it has vaguely romantic lyrics which I'm sure everyone can agree apply to Rocket League:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.