Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2019

An action-adventure game in the Star Wars series from the studio behind the Titanfall series, following a Jedi Padawan who turns fugitive after escaping the Jedi Purge.

There's a new half-hour gameplay clip

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I didn't have time to watch many clips of many games during E3 but the people making Fallen Order have me decently excited about it. I didn't watch all of the clip above but it seems like a kinda standard action-adventure thing? I do wish there was dismemberment.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I only saw the previous one, the one shown during E3, but I was really disappointed. It looked pretty boring. I might watch this one later but first impressions have already been very dull.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I will still play it, probably buy it on sale sometime next year. But boy, do those animations bug me. I really thought a new Jedi game would have me hyped.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They say it's supposed to be a bit of of a Metroidvania, but all they've shown so far makes it seem like a fairly standard, linear as hell, action-adventure circa 2008. Not that that's a deal-breaker for me, mind you. I'd just like to see more.

And yes, there should be dismemberment. All kinds of dismemberment.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hopefully the surprise mechanic of this game is that it'll actually be good.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I was so psyched for this prior to E3. My excitement has been lowered tremendously...to the point that I'm more excited for the new Lego Star Wars game.

Not sure what my issue is.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's just something about the graphics in this game that makes it look like a 360/PS3 game at times. There's some awesome shots in that demo, but then all the characters look like high-def lego figures.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm getting vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3 vibes which isnt great, it seems like the gameplay is a bit shallow so they've just padded it with a lot of cinematic stuff. I do kind of miss these sorts of action-adventure games though. I'll probably play it at some point.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this still doesn't look great. It's kinda boring, nothing really compelling, and there are some really janky animations going on. It looks like a fine game, the kind that I'll play if it hits PS+ or a decent sale, but nothing I'd pay full price for.

Maybe it's like Doom and all the great bits are hard to gauge without actually playing it, but I'm not holding out hope.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn you guys are a tough crowd. I'm totally down for a more accessible take on sekiro. Respawn had already proven that they can make a killer single player campaign. My only gripe is that I wish the player character wasn't the most white bread looking dude in the galaxy

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a remarkable achievement to make Star Wars look this boring, you can't describe your game as a metroidvania-lite and show a 30-minute linear gameplay demo with no exploration or any backtracking at all. Fallen Order will have to wait till after Xmas its already lost to Death Stranding for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini said:

It's a remarkable achievement to make Star Wars look this boring, you can't describe your game as a metroidvania-lite and show a 30-minute linear gameplay demo with no exploration or any backtracking at all.

Echos my personal reception of the gameplay shown to date.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Yeah the animations just look... weird and off in all kinds of ways. Theres just something super off putting about all the footage I've seen. Which is a shame because it looks like the setting and some of the set pieces are neat.

Also the protagonist is super generic looking.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I watched about half of it and turned it off not necessarily because what I saw didn't look promising, but it just didn't look finished. I understand why they were worried about showing what they showed the press to the public - I'm still not tired of the Uncharted formula and was happy to see it applied to a Star Wars game. Hearing that the team was inspired by God of War and Dark Souls was further evidence that their hearts are clearly in the right place, and again even if they'd ever showed 30 minutes of God of War any small chunk of that game wouldn't reveal exactly how big - yet highly curated - it is to the full extent, and I realized I don't really want a sense of how big this game is either.

Hopefully they shore up the characters and their animations, that's the one serious knock I have on the game as it stands. I'm sure it won't look quite as "alpha" as it currently does when the game ships, but Debra Wilson was in Wolfenstein: The New Colossus and looked fantastic. There's very little reason for her to look as weird as she does in this game, and same goes for Forrest Whitaker. His face is too recognizable to be swimming in the uncanny valley this egregiously.

Again, still excited for the game, but I want to go into it kind of cold and see how it feels. I'm super curious about it, even if the experience winds up being mostly academic I have a base level of faith in Respawn's ability to make a solid entertainment product.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the necessary disclaimers of "it's not final and yada, yada, yada," the game looks like they never really settled on what they wanted it to be. The art style is a particular victim. The faces have the stiff plastic-figurine look of The Old Republic, the character models and animations look they they were trying to pull from Clone Wars, and the environments look like they wanted to go real world. All of its disparate and none of it works particularly well together.

You know what I was reminded of? All the ads Disney has been endlessly running for their whole "Star Wars Experience" themepark. The AT-AT sequence in particular. All it was missing was a pan shot over to Cameron Monaghan's parents looking super-stoked their kid is so into Star Wars.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I think I've put my finger on why I'm not really digging it that much.

For me, anyway, I want to play as characters that I've grown up with (i.e. from the movies). I don't really want to see some new character that is magically canon now (I'm still pissed off about Disney wiping out the extended universe). The same can be said about Force Unleashed. I played through it and moved on.

That being said, you can only retell the stories so many times I guess. Although, I'm pretty psyched for the Skywalker Saga Lego game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.