Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 15, 2003

Taking place in the Old Republic era of Star Wars, around 4000 years before the events of the films, Knights of the Old Republic is a third-person turn-based RPG where players travel the galaxy as a mysterious Republic soldier, racing against time to thwart a massive Sith fleet.

F This game... (Spoilers I guess?)

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FilipHolm

I've been playing Knights of the Old republic recently. I am in the Star Forge on the 2nd deck and GODDAMN!! I've been at this thing for like 3 hours now... seriously, it doesn't seem technically possible to beat these constantly respawning enemies (or so it seems). I got past the first wave but then I just gave up. Is there any specific trick to beating this level that you guys know of or am I gonna have to keep getting pissed off?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

Use the Force?

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FilipHolm

@Dagbiker said:

Use the Force?

I feel like counter-joking but I'm just so damn tired..

@Encephalon: Believe me I've tried... They keep coming after me

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ShadyPingu

Yep, that part sucks. Just run your ass off.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nightriff

Wish I could help but I dont remember that at all, sorry duder, sleep on it might help

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By labman
    FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FilipHolm

@Labman said:

@Encephalon said:

Yep, that part sucks. Just run your ass off.

It's been a few years since I last played KOTOR, but from what I remember that pretty much describes what you have to do! I just did a quick search...this may be helpful: http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/locations/deck2.php

Actually went to that site, and tried all of the alternatives :p Guess I'm not doing it well enough :) Thanks for taking the time though bro :)

Now I'm off to bed and hopefully it'll be easier next time.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShadyPingu

@FilipHolm: I feel your pain, duder. I just beat KotOR a few days ago. But I still say running is the best strategy. Fuck your companions, they'll be OK. Knocking the difficulty setting down helps too. That's what got me through it.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By connerthekewlkid

i think i just continuously ran and used saber throw

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By labman

NP man! Sleep on it and maybe the eureka moment will come to you tomorrow morning.

The first time I played KOTOR I had been a little too indecisive when spec'ing my guy. I made it all the way to the Darth Malak fight, but found that there was absolutely no way I could beat him! I ended up scrapping that playthrough and starting from scratch. Luckily the next time and every subsequent playthrough since has gone a-okay!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BisonHero

@Labman said:

NP man! Sleep on it and maybe the eureka moment will come to you tomorrow morning.

The first time I played KOTOR I had been a little too indecisive when spec'ing my guy. I made it all the way to the Darth Malak fight, but found that there was absolutely no way I could beat him! I ended up scrapping that playthrough and starting from scratch. Luckily the next time and every subsequent playthrough since has gone a-okay!

The bummer about the final boss is that you have to face him alone, and since he is the final boss, his resistances are fucking ridiculous. So good luck if you specced your character to be more of a spellcaster Jedi, because Malak will resist every one of your debuffs and will take significantly less damage from Force lightning and other force attacks.

I really can't imagine how much it must have sucked to have to start the whole game over when you were at the final boss. Hell, I get mad at myself when I get 10 hours into an RPG, stop playing for a month, then forget what I was doing and how to play, and have to start from scratch again.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Subjugation

@FilipHolm: I haven't played KotOR since it was released, but I specifically remember that part and how ridiculous it was. I can add my voice to those saying to just run. I'm pretty sure the enemies will spawn indefinitely so you really just want to keep moving until they are behind you. I know it sounds like a cheesy solution but it is the only way I ever did it.

Avatar image for thebeastwithtwobacks
    thebeastwithtwobacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i never beat that game because of that part

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FilipHolm

@Labman said:

This worries me... I havn't paid THAT much attention to how I've specced my character... And I take it the last boss is pretty damn hard...? Shit...

@connerthekewlkid said:

i think i just continuously ran and used saber throw

This... this I havn't tried yet...

You guys I do have the "Save Game editor", and I went in there to see if there was anyway to shamelessly cheat my way through... but the options it gives me doesn't really make a big difference... only thing I can do is add experience, and it seems like if I add to much the game freezes... Anyone familiar with SGE for kotor or how to use it to make this easier? (I did lower the difficulty to easy and it didn't make a difference)

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#15  Edited By Kidavenger

I just finished this game for the first time a few weeks ago, the rate that they respawn does slow down after awhile.

I had a tendency to not use any of the buffs while playing the game; this was the point at which I started eating them like candy and that really turned the whole thing around for me.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FilipHolm

@Kidavenger said:

I just finished this game for the first time a few weeks ago, the rate that they respawn does slow down after awhile.

I had a tendency to not use any of the buffs while playing the game; this was the point at which I started eating them like candy and that really turned the whole thing around for me.

You know the funny thing is, once I thought I had actually beat it, and was going for the computer to shut the turrets off, but then my companions started attacking the turrets for no reason, which spawned more enemies... I wasn't happy

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By imhungry

Hmm. I played through that game quite a few times and I completely don't remember struggling in the Star Forge. I think that was the point where I had enough force points (or whatever mana is in that game) to just spam the area-effect Force Push. Maybe. Wish I could be of more help!

weirdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By weirdo

Or if you are really pissed off, just use cheats :p

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigdaddy81

Just wait until you play KOTOR 2. By the end of that game you'll have the powers of a god and be damn near invincible. That should wash away any painful memories of your struggles in the Star Forge.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@thebeastwithtwobacks said:

i never beat that game because of that part

HAHA ditto.

fatalflame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By fatalflame

Finished that game again recently when it released for the Mac on Steam.

Just Lightning, Push and run.... Rinse and repeat... Or use destroy droid(?) on turrets..

As for Malak. As a spell caster, I just Force Speed ran around the room ignoring him getting rid of the extras before facing him..

ChampInMaking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ChampInMaking

Weird, I never really had a problem with that part. Not to say I'm so pro or anything. You just have to make sure that you go and deactivate the computers that are spawning them. With that you can use just plain computer spikes or whenever you kill a droid they drop them (albeit ones specific to their machine I believe).

As far as malak goes, I tip that I highly advise is to before you actually go up and walk up to him, pause the game and throw all your best stimulants into you. The good thing is that you don't actually have to sit and watch you guy(or gal) do it because you're out of combat and in a pause screen. Also turning your best shield on will help.

One last tip, if you are a straight saber jedi, hopefully you grabbed the force move Force Resistance -> Force immunity. If you notice, that is the first thing malak will cast on himself, he'll glow blue for a moment and that is why force attacks do jack all to him. Now, if I recall, there should be a move called Force Suppression -> Force breach which gets rid of an enemies force buffs. That is your ticket to get him to lose his buffs and get a hit in before he reapplies them.

Also, Master force speed is you friend and so is once point into force drain. Trust

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FilipHolm

@fatalflame said:

Finished that game again recently when it released for the Mac on Steam.

Just Lightning, Push and run.... Rinse and repeat... Or use destroy droid(?) on turrets..

As for Malak. As a spell caster, I just Force Speed ran around the room ignoring him getting rid of the extras before facing him..

Wait that gave me a brilliant idea, If i just try to kill the turrets with "destroy droid" instead of going to the left (which is where the enemies spawn) I might have a chance... I'M OFF TO THE WAR IN THE STARS!

EDIT: Well that didn't work, but in the same run I actually beat the second wave and I'm now in the control room! Died again but still! :D (saved and all)

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Quarters

What difficulty are you playing on?

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hero_swe

Maybe it was just me doing side-quests or I specced my guy right, but I remember having no problems at this area. and I certainly don't remember any infinitely spawning enemies. I can't really exactly tell you how to get through this, but a good tip to KOTOR. Take your time, pause as much as you can to get ahead of things before they happen.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Nentisys

That part total bullshit, I took a nice break from that game then came back and finished that shit.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FilipHolm

FUCKING YES!! I did it! :D They eventually stopped showing up and I used the force.. run thing to get my ass to the elevator before a new wave started :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.