Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

june 19, the father's day that was about Nintendo

Mr_Spinnington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Mr_Spinnington

who wants to go on a car ride:

i just got done talking about game tutorials in my last post. i forgot what games were like when instruction manuals were king-- when you got to learn through trial-and-error, or 'what does this button do' gameplay. i must prefer that rough, tumbled style of teaching oneself to play, because i'd rather let my hands learn than read text that i know my brain isn't committing to memory at the time. Ocarina of Time. that's a segue

video spoilers, i found it. Nintendo tricked me into buying this game as soon as possible, which i would have done anyway, butnow i have the wonderful added worry of ushing back home or to the nearest wifi hotspot to register the game for a free soundtrack. a free, physical, really real CD of Zelda music that i don't have to pay for. there's an expletive here, but i can't put my finger on which one it is

because i'm dog tired from being up forever and teaching my body to forget about caffeine, i'm not totally firing on all cylinders right now. i did want to get a blog up, and may do another one later. there are enough retrospectives and posts on the remaster of OoT to fill everyone's day already, and i don't think i have anything to add to those except that walmart dropped the ball today

you know what, i do have one thing to add: my personal thoughts. they're short. after 30 minutes getting settled into the game, i had a weird.. feeling.. like an emotion. this is the game i would have taken with me to school and played under my desk during class. i would have brought it on road trips, and camped out in the bathroom with it. it's exactly what the phrase 'portable Ocarina of Time' conjures up, and that's good enough for me

hopefully it helps the 3DS install base so that we get some actual new games on it

Mr_Spinnington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr_Spinnington

who wants to go on a car ride:

i just got done talking about game tutorials in my last post. i forgot what games were like when instruction manuals were king-- when you got to learn through trial-and-error, or 'what does this button do' gameplay. i must prefer that rough, tumbled style of teaching oneself to play, because i'd rather let my hands learn than read text that i know my brain isn't committing to memory at the time. Ocarina of Time. that's a segue

video spoilers, i found it. Nintendo tricked me into buying this game as soon as possible, which i would have done anyway, butnow i have the wonderful added worry of ushing back home or to the nearest wifi hotspot to register the game for a free soundtrack. a free, physical, really real CD of Zelda music that i don't have to pay for. there's an expletive here, but i can't put my finger on which one it is

because i'm dog tired from being up forever and teaching my body to forget about caffeine, i'm not totally firing on all cylinders right now. i did want to get a blog up, and may do another one later. there are enough retrospectives and posts on the remaster of OoT to fill everyone's day already, and i don't think i have anything to add to those except that walmart dropped the ball today

you know what, i do have one thing to add: my personal thoughts. they're short. after 30 minutes getting settled into the game, i had a weird.. feeling.. like an emotion. this is the game i would have taken with me to school and played under my desk during class. i would have brought it on road trips, and camped out in the bathroom with it. it's exactly what the phrase 'portable Ocarina of Time' conjures up, and that's good enough for me

hopefully it helps the 3DS install base so that we get some actual new games on it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.