Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 10, 2009

Decide the fate of the 9 kidnapped people who are trapped on a ship and forced to play the Nonary Game, where players put their life on the line.

Valuable Item: 9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors Bracelet Watch.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Edited By recroulette

My favorite game of the year so far is 999 (Which I picked up thanks to the review by  GB user LiK). That game was one of those that sank its hooks into you and kept them in you, especially after reaching one of the game's many endings. 

Gas Mask   Hood combo is all the rage these days.
    Gas Mask Hood combo is all the rage these days.
    Although I had finished the game, I didn't feel done with it. Read interpretations of the plot and found some artwork and wallpapers, then I came across the bundle from Aksys that had the watch and the game. The watch was modeled after the bracelets each character wore in the game. They were the key to escaping and also made sure that they played by the rules. A stylish pink bracelet that kinda looked like a watch. Each watch had a detonator that would blow up a bomb placed in the victim if they did something outside of the rules. 

Call me silly, but that could very well be an S.

Unfortunately, by the time I learned of this watch, the bundles were sold out, with zero chance of the watches coming back.  Lucky for me (and bad for my wallet), something like a mere "sold out" wasn't going to stop me from getting a hold of one of these. So I searched and was able to pick up one of these from ebay, as an added bonus, the price was slightly lower than an arm and a leg. 

Not included: Detonator

The first thing I thought when I opened it up was how good it felt. The actual watch is made of metal, despite its plastic looking appearance. The watch is well put together as far as the metal plates go. Each section of it is connected by 3 plastic wires. It is very flexible, and the watch goes on rather nicely. 

The display has a mirror-like finish to it, and when you press the right button on it, it displays the time with red leds. You can also set the date, and whether you want a 12 or 24 hour clock. The time is only displayed for a couple of seconds and then it turns off again. The time the watch stays on was a bit too short for my tastes.

Does this watch stand up as a normal watch? I'd have to say no, the little clasps that close the watch feel delicate, and repeated putting on and removing it seems like it would make short work of these. Not to mention the plastic wires holding the watch sections together can slide out if you pull on the watch hard enough. Sure, a stress test by pulling on the watch by each end may have been a bit much, but it's better than not knowing right?  

I think the watch is pretty cool, but I have to be honest here. This thing is cool as a prop and not much more. If you are a big fan of the game and don't mind spending more than the cost of the game to pick one up, you can find one out there. 
    recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By recroulette

My favorite game of the year so far is 999 (Which I picked up thanks to the review by  GB user LiK). That game was one of those that sank its hooks into you and kept them in you, especially after reaching one of the game's many endings. 

Gas Mask   Hood combo is all the rage these days.
    Gas Mask Hood combo is all the rage these days.
    Although I had finished the game, I didn't feel done with it. Read interpretations of the plot and found some artwork and wallpapers, then I came across the bundle from Aksys that had the watch and the game. The watch was modeled after the bracelets each character wore in the game. They were the key to escaping and also made sure that they played by the rules. A stylish pink bracelet that kinda looked like a watch. Each watch had a detonator that would blow up a bomb placed in the victim if they did something outside of the rules. 

Unfortunately, by the time I learned of this watch, the bundles were sold out, with zero chance of the watches coming back.  Lucky for me (and bad for my wallet), something like a mere "sold out" wasn't going to stop me from getting a hold of one of these. So I searched and was able to pick up one of these from ebay, as an added bonus, the price was slightly lower than an arm and a leg. 

The first thing I thought when I opened it up was how good it felt. The actual watch is made of metal, despite its plastic looking appearance. The watch is well put together as far as the metal plates go. Each section of it is connected by 3 plastic wires. It is very flexible, and the watch goes on rather nicely. 

The display has a mirror-like finish to it, and when you press the right button on it, it displays the time with red leds. You can also set the date, and whether you want a 12 or 24 hour clock. The time is only displayed for a couple of seconds and then it turns off again. The time the watch stays on was a bit too short for my tastes.

Does this watch stand up as a normal watch? I'd have to say no, the little clasps that close the watch feel delicate, and repeated putting on and removing it seems like it would make short work of these. Not to mention the plastic wires holding the watch sections together can slide out if you pull on the watch hard enough. Sure, a stress test by pulling on the watch by each end may have been a bit much, but it's better than not knowing right?  

I think the watch is pretty cool, but I have to be honest here. This thing is cool as a prop and not much more. If you are a big fan of the game and don't mind spending more than the cost of the game to pick one up, you can find one out there. 
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

It's a pretty neat bonus. I wish I had bought the special edition, but too late now.

999 was my favorite game of 2010 as well, by the way.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By InfiniteGeass

If you press the buttons right, left, right, left, right, left in that order does a combination appear on it?

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By ESREVER
    @InfiniteGeass said:
    " If you press the buttons right, left, right, left, right, left in that order does a combination appear on it? "
    DAMNIT! I was going to ask that as I was reading the post. 
    Argghhhh. 
    I would like to know that too.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @ESREVER
    @InfiniteGeass said:
    " If you press the buttons right, left, right, left, right, left in that order does a combination appear on it? "
    DAMNIT! I was going to ask that as I was reading the post. 
    Argghhhh. 
    I would like to know that too.
    recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By recroulette

Sorry, pressing right, left, right, left, right, left does nothing.  

Then again, the bracelet isn't necessarily engaged, so that's probably why. 

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By landon

I keep hearing about this 999 game. It sounds super interesting.

Avatar image for quick_stop_chad
    Quick_Stop_Chad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Quick_Stop_Chad

I want one of these so bad!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.