Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Absolver

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 29, 2017

Absolver is an online multiplayer combat game where players are placed behind the mask of a Prospect under control of the Guides, the new rulers of the fallen Adal Empire, who will determine your worth in joining their elite corps of Absolvers.

(PS4) Frame rate issues

DoubleKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DoubleKR

I've noticed this game suffers severely from frame rate issues.

After looking online I read somewhere it is locked at 30 fps and with a pro it boosts to a solid 38 fps. This is such a bummer, with the combat mechanics being it's main staple, it makes playing feel like a struggle.

It's not too terrible though when you have one-on-one encounters, but I feel that almost every other encounter has two or three people. Then you have the online that constantly has other players getting involved.

I love everything about this game, but the frame rate on the ps4 is crippling it for me.

Is anyone else having this issues? How are you overcoming the frame rate? Or do you love it and I'm crazy? Ha I hope this gets patched.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@doublekr: It's not surprising that it only runs at 30 on PS4 but I feel like the game is just heavily unoptimised. I like the art style but it's not one that looks like it should be so taxing. I don't have the most powerful PC (I have an i7 4770K OC to 4.2 and a GTX 770) but I have to play it with shadows, effects and post processing all on low with a mixture of ultra, medium and high for the other settings to get it to run at 60fps and even then it isn't a complete lock. I had the same issues during the beta and nothing has improved with the final release.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping it improves as I really enjoy the combat and the whole "be the best martial artist" idea.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

Pro boosts to 38 fps? I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've been playing it on a Pro and think it runs like garbage as well. Perhaps, like u mention, it's partly due to the online. Feels like it gets a lot of stutter when people come in ur game. Luckily (or not so lucky since i spent 30 bucks) I don't much care for the game so I'm probably not going to play it anymore. Can't really get into the combat; the deeper I get in the game the more enemies just block everything... feels mashy to me. And every enemy is like a real long fight so that's tedious.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It runs like shit for me too and I'm playing it on a pro. My biggest problem with the game, like Handlas stated, is when it's loads the other players into the zones, enemies and almost some of the scenery completely disappears for me. Sometimes enemies load up in mid fights with me and I'm magically getting smashed by three or four players. Otherwise, I enjoy the game overall despite some technical problems and some design choices that I think suck.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I like Devolver Digital for the games they make happen, I feel like their bar of acceptance is quiet low. Several games they release seem to end up running poorly on target platforms. It's why I don't buy any of their games on release and wait to see how it'll run first - and the answer is usually "not great".

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I wasn't having too many problems before these updates, but now my character is currently falling through an infinite void and my movement has been jumping across the land so....

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The good news is that the game becomes playable when you switch to Offline mode. The game stops freezing when players join your area, textures stop popping in, mob spawns become more manageable (if not still cheap as hell).

The bad news is that that is not the solution for an online multiplayer game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.