Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Absolver

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 29, 2017

Absolver is an online multiplayer combat game where players are placed behind the mask of a Prospect under control of the Guides, the new rulers of the fallen Adal Empire, who will determine your worth in joining their elite corps of Absolvers.

These load times

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Currently sitting through one. The game runs at a solid 60 and everything seems dandy... except these load times. I'm waiting about 2-3 minutes to get into the game. I've tried the "combat trials" several times, and each time I've had to force-close after waiting more than five minutes on the loading screen. At that point my opponent surely left the match.

Is it just my computer? What about you guys?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now the game is just refusing to load some areas. I am falling through the world left and right because the ground just isn't loading in. Also I got into a 5 or so person spontaneous fight and then my game straight crashed. So... maybe the game is just buggy...

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Inresurrection

Yeah, I'm hearing a fair bit of people saying it's decently buggy at the moment. I am looking forward to playing this but I'm glad I waited a little bit to grab it.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What platforms are you guys on?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: I'm on PC. And yeah I'm gonna have to say this game is almost unplayable for me at its current state. Certainly unenjoyable. Dying happens often, what with npcs ganging up on you and surprise players flying at your head with a superman punch. Each time I'm waiting 3-5 minutes for a reload. On top of that the game stutters and has problems loading textures and/or models. Really bummed...

santiagocr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By santiagocr

@development: There´s definitely something wrong there. Loading times are basically non existent for me, and I´m not even on an ssd. There might be something wrong with your connection, the servers or something. You could try playing offline. I´ve been playing online for 3 hours and I´ve had none of the issues you mentioned. The game is hard though.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Did the loading times get resolved for the others here? I just checked it out and had no issues. I image it was probably a server load issue with all the thousands of people playing. I played the closed beta and that had a ton of issues that were all server related but it sounds like it should've been fixed at this point.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it happen in the offline mode too? Thought about getting this but saw the mixed reviews on steam and read about people having performance issues.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@santiagocr: I tried playing offline and the same problems kept happening. When a named npc would phase into my game the game would hitch up for up to a minute; usually I'd be in the middle of a battle. And every new area besides the one I load I to would have chunks of geometry not loading in.

SolemnHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Similar to most of the previous comments I was having a buggy, crashtastic experience with version 1.03 of Absolver on the PC.

1.05 came out sometime last week and seems to have addressed a lot of the game breaking bugs for me. I'm still seeing plenty of jank, but it is longer impeding my enjoyment of the game.

If you're really competitive, the PVP may still be a little too inconsistent for your liking, but I've been having a lot of fun. It might help that I've made my peace with how terrible I am at this game.

jayhosking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For what it's worth, I was playing on a PS4 Pro last night and had no catastrophic technical issues. The worst I saw was some occasional hitching when other human players and I began to share a space.

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I started playing the game a day or two ago and it is running perfectly now.

I bought it when it first released but heard of the problems so just waited and it is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.