Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Activision

Company »

Activision is the largest third-party publisher in the world. It became the first third-party developer for video game consoles, and is responsible for popular franchises such as Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, and Tony Hawk.

Analysts believes Activision may make a subscription service

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero

Analysts, Michael Pachter, believes that you and other Call of duty player are willing to accept a pay to play plan.

I am calling BS on this. Are millions really going to throw their money out for a FPS? The problem with this is that this goes for one game and a game that doesn't run on a server like MMOs do. I also don't see where in a chart or data that says people are willing to pay anything for a game besides the sales of map packs (not sure of the numbers) but their also not thinking about people's feelings on this. 

What do you guys think?

Article: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/modern-warfare-2/news/call-of-duty-subscription-service-could-attract-4-to-5-million-gamers/a-2010072315598892072/g-20090326142018906090

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

Analysts, Michael Pachter, believes that you and other Call of duty player are willing to accept a pay to play plan.

I am calling BS on this. Are millions really going to throw their money out for a FPS? The problem with this is that this goes for one game and a game that doesn't run on a server like MMOs do. I also don't see where in a chart or data that says people are willing to pay anything for a game besides the sales of map packs (not sure of the numbers) but their also not thinking about people's feelings on this. 

What do you guys think?

Article: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/modern-warfare-2/news/call-of-duty-subscription-service-could-attract-4-to-5-million-gamers/a-2010072315598892072/g-20090326142018906090

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By blazerx9x

FPS aren`t worth being payed for, honestly I don`t think consoles or any games should have to make a subscription service, but I don`t think that will happen, one analyst predicted that xbox live will be $100 a year

yeah

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Wildfire570

If Activision does pull something like this (Kotick wouldn't surprise me that he would want this), I will legitimately stop playing Call of Duty games and just start playing PC games from now on. Its one thing that I have to pay for Xbox Live but to pay extra to play a first person shooter?? MMO's I can understand why they have established a subscription fee but I'm never ever going to pay extra to play one game.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

Thank god I don't buy many Activision games.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

I doubt it will happen. It's a bad idea IMO.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

I think there are enough people out there who just play this and nothing else to let Activision get away with it but they would need a large incentive just beyond "hey keep playing that same game for free, just pay us $5 a month to do it"

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By gike987
    @blazerx9x said:
    " FPS aren`t worth being payed for, honestly I don`t think consoles or any games should have to make a subscription service, but honestly I don`t think that will happen, one analyst predicted that xbox live will be $100 a year ...  yeah "
    This is Activision we are talking about. Doesn't matter if it's a FPS, they will try it anyway. They do anything to earn more money.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Didnt we go over this idea all ready? And wasnt this dis proven by tweet posts? Im pretty sure it was even a News post. 

Isnt patcher the one who said RDR would not sell?  

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane

There has already been threads about this.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blazerx9x
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Didnt we go over this idea all ready? And wasnt this dis proven by tweet posts? Im pretty sure it was even a News post.  "
    so Activision IS charging for that BS?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.