Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aion: Ascension

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Aion: Tower of Eternity is an MMORPG by NCSoft with a unique PvPvE system using the first CryEngine. Originally released in Korea, it was relaunched for China, Japan, Taiwan, North America and Europe in 2009.

So who's buying ( or bought ) ?

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AaronAlex

Hey all, i just bought the collectors edition and am waiting for it to download on steam. I cant wait.  
    Who else is getting in on this?

louis0nfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By louis0nfire

I'm picking up the Collectors Edition this morning from Best Buy!

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Kohe321

I might buy this, but I'm not sure. Burnt myself on AOC and WAR, so I don't want to invest time in yet another MMO that will "die" 6 months after release.

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AaronAlex
    @Kohe321 said:
    " I might buy this, but I'm not sure. Burnt myself on AOC and WAR, so I don't want to invest time in yet another MMO that will "die" 6 months after release. "
    Yeah i hear you, I'm just really bored of WoW now. Alot of the screenshots look beautiful though, and a couple of friends have told me its really fun. 
    I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up like one of those though :(
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I bought it yesterday, pretty cool so far, only complaint I have is the environments can get pretty damn bland and it makes your character stand out since there models look so detailed.

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AaronAlex
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " I bought it yesterday, pretty cool so far, only complaint I have is the environments can get pretty damn bland and it makes your character stand out since there models look so detailed. "
    Damn really? From all the screens i have seen the environments look great. 
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Kohe321
    @AaronAlex said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " I bought it yesterday, pretty cool so far, only complaint I have is the environments can get pretty damn bland and it makes your character stand out since there models look so detailed. "
    Damn really? From all the screens i have seen the environments look great.  "
    Yeah same here, judging from screenshots they look awesome? Anyways, I think I might give it a couple of months and see how it does.
    AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AaronAlex

Thats probably the logical thing to do, oh well whats done is done.  
    I'm sure ill get some enjoyment out of it :)

Darniaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Darniaq

I think the differences between Elyos and Asmodean early games is huge. The Elyos starting areas are all pretty to a degree and then it's capped with the somewhat awe-inspiring first look when you arrive at Sanctum. Asmodean's meanwhile have more of a dismal start, more rough and tumble, not as light and brightly colored.

This fits well within the lore NC set up, but a LOT of people went Asmodean, for any number of reasons. So people's impressions are a game that doesn't have the same visual dynamics of a WoW or an AoC (if you like that kind of style) as a quality judgment. In reality, their impressions are right, but not because the artist sucked. They're just staying on lore :)

I didn't get the CE though, just the standard. I'm burned out from how games used to be shipped, like the cloth map and metal Ankh I got for Ultima IV. Yea, I'm that old :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@AaronAlex said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    Damn really? From all the screens i have seen the environments look great.  "

I also looked at the screenshots, but I felt a lot different when I got in the game, now this game is not ugly, but it just has a bland feel to it and is very asian, the only westernization I can see is there are a good few quests, everything looks and feels asian and maybe thats not a bad thing but you can definitely see it. 
    When comparing your character to some textures say by a mountain it can get downright ugly, I will post some pictures here later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.