Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Aliens vs. Predator

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Feb 16, 2010

The third game in the popular AvP franchise. Players are be able to control one of the three deadly species in a fight for survival.

I finally connected to a game aaaaaand

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

... crash to desktop! Good thing I didn't preorder this game. What a waste of 2 gigabytes.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Well there will actually be dedicated servers apparently on the full one with a server browser and such, so its not gonna be like that. Regardless, I could never connect to a single game on the steam demo, so I played the XBL demo afew minutes ago. I really find that so much of the gameplay is dumbed down from what it once was.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

Good thing im playing the xbox version :D

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Ineedaname
    @pause422: Does it still have face-huggers?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @pause422: Does it still have face-huggers? "
    I have no idea..not in the MP demo at least. The only aliens are normal xenomorphs.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ineedaname
    @pause422 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    I have no idea..not in the MP demo at least. The only aliens are normal xenomorphs. "
    Gah, kinda crappy, my fonder memories of the older one involve guarding a corpse, so that the rest of the team could spawn from inside the marines.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jmrwacko

Okay, I actually played a decent game after like 20 minutes of staring at a menu. Was decent. I like how the predator plays, gets kind of disorienting playing as an alien and marines don't get a crouch button (wth is that??) and fail without backup. The game controls much better with a gamepad, btw, and aim assist kicks in when you use a gamepad so you aren't at a disadvantage.

I'm still not sure about this game. I'd like to see the singleplayer.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @pause422 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    I have no idea..not in the MP demo at least. The only aliens are normal xenomorphs. "
    Gah, kinda crappy, my fonder memories of the older one involve guarding a corpse, so that the rest of the team could spawn from inside the marines. "
    There is in a different game mode . Just this one is normal team death match
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FunExplosions
    @jmrwacko: Still can't connect to a single game. I left the game minimized while it was trying to connect this whole time. Don't get why you needed to start your own thread after seeing mine, though.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ineedaname
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @pause422 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    Gah, kinda crappy, my fonder memories of the older one involve guarding a corpse, so that the rest of the team could spawn from inside the marines. "
    There is in a different game mode . Just this one is normal team death match "
    Oh hello Mr. Saviour of my purchase of the game.
    You got any more info on that pleases?
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rallier
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @pause422 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    You should check out the limited edition version
    Facehugger confirmed.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Rallier said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @pause422 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    You should check out the limited edition version Facehugger confirmed. "
    I've heard throwing that at the TV has poor hit detection though.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rallier
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @Rallier said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @pause422 said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    You should check out the limited edition version Facehugger confirmed. "
    I've heard throwing that at the TV has poor hit detection though. "
    Only one way to be sure ^^
    Shibbxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shibbxyz

Played a few games and got to say it is a fun game  
    shame that the demo has to use matchmaking and not dedicated yet but im sure when its released it will be good 
    I miss the predators vast assortment of weaponary from the previous game (net gun anyone :<) 
    aliens wall climbing is still as confusing as always but once u get the hang of it is fun   
    Marine is still scary as hell to play xD no idea where im shooting but the lil beeping noise tells me somits there :P

Frickin love sneakin up behind people n doing a trophy kill even if you are vulnerable for that short time :P  

just wanna play some hunt and survivor deathmatch isn't what i want to be playin atmo :<

denryu12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By denryu12

tbh the demo didn't sell me on the game at all. I don't like any of the guns, the aliens seem  really weak even when you sneak up on a guy u still get shot in the back by someone else, and i've yet to even play as a predator after like 10 games, so yea dissapointed all round won't be buying. it had so much promise too.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Meltac

I played about 3 matches, and it's better from what I expected. I played one round as a predator, and two as alien. The predator is cool enough. I really liked to jump around, and when I got the little shoulder gun, it became a whole lot cooler. In my first alien round, I thought it was confusing and I had some trouble navigating, but in my second round, and dominated them. I was quick, and it felt really good sneaking up behind someone, and then do a grapple move. It actually surprised me, which is very good :D

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By demigonis
    @denryu12 said:
    " tbh the demo didn't sell me on the game at all. I don't like any of the guns, the aliens seem  really weak even when you sneak up on a guy u still get shot in the back by someone else, and i've yet to even play as a predator after like 10 games, so yea dissapointed all round won't be buying. it had so much promise too. "
    Before the match starts you get to choose what race you'd like to be. The Aliens are not weak at all, you just have to be careful when you use the stealth kill move because the animation leaves you open to counter-attack from other people, there's a time to use it and a time to use regular attacks. Yesterday I did very well with the Alien.
    SpartanGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpartanGuy

I liked it but it didn't really sell the game to me, I gotta see team games or some single player before I make a decision. All the FFA games just turn into wait behind the guy doing the grab kill and grab kill him or if you're a marine just open fire on the idiots waiting in line.

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PoppaKyle

Ive only played one match so far on the xbox. It takes forever to get in games ha ha.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Pibo47

Its working fine for me on the 360. Loving it so far..weird its not workin for you duders.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By CL60

I like it, I just wish they didn't put an awful game mode in for the demo..

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By George_Hukas

I was the alien and I ended up winning the match.. but I can't help but feel all I was doing was running up to fools and mashing buttons. Granted no body else knew what they were doing either, but maybe it was just the lackluster deathmatch. Hopefully the rest of the modes will be more exciting.

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PoppaKyle

I played as all three, and I gotta say Alien was way fun. But being a Marine was so damn intense, when your radar starts beepin it gets kinda scary ha ha

denryu12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By denryu12

after a couple more hours i got the rythem of the diffrent classes and it turned out to be quite fun . i guess its a grower. I would like to see how the team games are handled as this is the make or break of me buying this game. other than that my only gripe is i wish they would give u better indication of if ur bullets are actualy hitting the aleins while play as a marine. 

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jmrwacko
    @denryu12 said:
    " tbh the demo didn't sell me on the game at all. I don't like any of the guns, the aliens seem  really weak even when you sneak up on a guy u still get shot in the back by someone else, and i've yet to even play as a predator after like 10 games, so yea dissapointed all round won't be buying. it had so much promise too. "
    You know you can choose the species you play in the lobby, right?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By CL60
    @denryu12 said:

"

You realize the reason you never played as a predator, is because you have to choose what you want to play as?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.