Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Anarchy Reigns

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 05, 2012

In a distant, chaotic future, cyborgs beat the crap out of each other in this multiplayer-heavy 3D beat 'em up from the developers of MadWorld and Bayonetta.

GB Anarchy Reigns Tournament (Sign-ups + Discussion)

• 178 results
    Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Joeyoe31

So far I have to say, I'm enjoying the game a bunch. Favorite modes are definitively Tag Deathmatch and Death Ball. I'd love to see a kind of tournament around just Deathball with teams.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Ducksworth

Geez, this game is hard. I haven't had a chance to play the game seriously till tonight and I've been stuck on Big Bull (or whatever the first boss is) for about an hour. To be fair I'm too stubborn to change the difficulty to normal and I'm at least making some progress.

Pro-tip: Mashing light attack over and over doesn't work.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#103  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Riddle me this: why are their player and ranked in this game. I think they should be combined. All it affects is leaderboards which I doubt many people care about and all it does is split the players.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Joeyoe31

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Riddle me this: why are their player and ranked in this game. I think they should be combined. All it affects is leaderboards which I doubt many people care about and all it does is split the players.

If you want to play with friends but don't have enough for a full room? Other than that I think you're pretty much right.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By MalkavianJD

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

One you can invite people in, other you can't. Simple as that. Plus the Japanese are all in Player Match atm, so without that barrier between new players and Japanese I think most people would quit just starting the game.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#106  Edited By DocHaus

@Ducksworth: Keep knocking him into the lava whenever you can. Cuts down on his chances of counterattacking.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Ducksworth

THAT'S RIGHT YOU MOTHERFUCKING PUNK BITCH. WHO DO YOU THINK I AM.

No Caption Provided

Punk ass bull. Having steak tonight.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#108  Edited By Sarumarine

@Solh0und said:

@MalkavianJD said:

If you play Ruins on Mad Survival you have a chance of a Mad World round where everyone's black and white and it plays a song from Mad World. This game is seriously a love letter to Platinum Games fans

Whuuuuuuuaaaaat? I should definitely investigate this!

It's actually the 4th round on Excavation Pit in Mad Survival. And yes, you fight Jack, Baron, Rin Rin, and Mathilda in black and white color schemes while "Get It Up" plays. It's an awesome little nod. It's just a real shame that the black and white color pallets aren't available for multiplayer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#109  Edited By musubi

Okay, I uh... think I had fun just now? I played my first online game and jesus man talk about getting thrown into the furnace. I got thrown into a ranked Deathball match and our team was competitive and I did manage to get two kills but holy shit I got the bejesus knocked out of me. People online know what the fuck they are doing.

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By xSeanZx

So it looks like PS3 is the way to go on this game? I highly prefer 360 games but since online is the most important part should I get PS3?

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#111  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@xSeanZx said:

So it looks like PS3 is the way to go on this game? I highly prefer 360 games but since online is the most important part should I get PS3?

I have both versions and PS3 has significantly more people playing than 360. If you're playing at a good hour you can get into almost any game type on 360, but most of the time you'll find jack shit.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By Dragon4234

@Demoskinos: Uh it's Blacker Baron, son.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MalkavianJD

Is there a tier list for Anarchy Reigns or something? I have yet to play against another MAX user, everyone seems to pick the Rin sisters and Bayonetta.

TheMartino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By TheMartino

Shit I want to do this.

Sunday at 4 EST? Sure.

Xbox Live gamertag: Its The Tino

(Currently full, I can make room)

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#115  Edited By mesoian

Alright, so for rules.

The randomness of this game sort of sucks a lot of the technical strategy out of it, so that being said, why don't we do Karting rules?

8 man free for all, 5 rounds. The winner is determined by total sum of winning points (1st place is 8 points, second is 7, third is 6, etc, etc).

Bayonetta may need to be banned due to her extended 360 and Lunge attack range.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MalkavianJD

I'd say Blacker Baron and the Rin Sisters are a more bannable offense over Bayonetta since Baron has a one hit KO and almost all attacks for the Rin sisters can be an infinite loop.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#117  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm not banning anything. After playing enough of the game to get to level 50, I've realized that there are too many "problems" present that banning this or that won't fix everything. There are abilities that are extremely good, but locked away until further into the online progression. Bayonetta's lunge attack is good to take advantage of chaos, but so are many other things such as the heavy characters' super armor and their grabs. There are so many characters that have infinites, too.

Anarchy Reigns isn't supposed to be taken seriously, so let's not. I like the idea of points, however it might be problematic for each player to keep track of their own. I'll have to figure out how it will work today.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By MalkavianJD

Oh no don't get me wrong I don't think you should ban either, i'm just giving examples of people who are far worse. Bayonetta is extremely fragile which makes up for her ability to combo in every attack while Baron and Rin sisters have no drawbacks. The game CAN be taken seriously though especially in Cage Match. But the rest of the modes are all about fun.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Solh0und

In the case of broadcasting. Can anyone stream these things?

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By hakunin

Heck, why not? Sign me up. 

PSN: herringson

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By xSeanZx

Besides the difference in population, is there any major performance differences? Like one version is buggier than the other? I'd rather play a stable less populated version than a buggy populated one if that is even the case. I'm just always so hesitant to buy for ps3 -_-

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Alright, figured out how the Anarchy Reigns tournament will actually go down.

The tournament will be divided into 3 phases. Phase 1 will be Battle Royale, Phase 2 will be Death Match and Phase 3 will be Cage Match. The default settings for these modes will be kept and nothing's being banned (so all abilities, characters and stages are allowed). Assuming the maximum number of players for the PS3 version of the tourney show up:

PS3 Tournament

Phase 1 - Battle Royale [25 players]

The 25 players will be separated into three groups of 8, 8 and 9 players. These three groups will then engage in a standard 10 min. Battle Royale. At the end, the bottom 3 scoring players of each group will be eliminated and will not proceed to Phase 2. If a group loses track of who the bottom 3 scoring players were at the very end, they'll have to engage in another Battle Royale match.

Phase 2 - Death Match [16 players]

The 16 remaining players will be separated into four groups of 4 people each to engage in a standard 5 min. Death Match. There will be 3 rounds of these Death Matches with the same groups and with a point system being used for the end of each round according to the final scores:

1. 1st place gets 7 points.
    2. 2nd place gets 5 points.
    3. 3rd place gets 3 points.
    4. 4th place gets 0 points.

The single top scoring player for each group at the end of the 3 Death Match rounds will proceed to Phase 3. If a player forgets how many points they got at the end of a round, they'll just get 0 points.

Phase 3 - Cage Match [4 players]

The 4 remaining players will engage in Cage Matches in a standard, single elimination bracket. It will be a best of 3 rounds for a set, with the loser eliminated from the tournament. Only the loser of a round will be allowed to switch characters, with the winner forced to play with the same one.

Xbox 360 Tournament

Phase 1 - Battle Royale [10 players]

The 10 players will face each other in a standard, 10 min. Battle Royale. The bottom 2 scoring players will be eliminated from the tournament, the rest will continue to Phase 2.

Phase 2 - Death Match [8 players]

The 8 remaining players will be separated into two groups of 4 people each to engage in a standard 5 min. Death Match. There will be 3 rounds of these Death Matches with the same groups and with a point system being used for the end of each round according to the final scores:

1. 1st place gets 7 points.
    2. 2nd place gets 5 points.
    3. 3rd place gets 3 points.
    4. 4th place gets 0 points.

The two top scoring players for each group at the end of the 3 Death Match rounds will proceed to Phase 3. If a player forgets how many points they got at the end of a round, they'll just get 0 points.

Phase 3 - Cage Match [4 players]

The 4 remaining players will engage in Cage Matches in a standard, single elimination bracket. It will be a best of 3 rounds for a set, with the loser eliminated from the tournament. Only the loser of a round will be allowed to switch characters, with the winner forced to play with the same one.

Additional rule: I'll pretty much disqualify anyone who isn't over at http://giantbombing.com/chat/ in the #GB_AR channel at the time the tournament starts.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By MalkavianJD

Who will keep track of all this

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@MalkavianJD said:

Me, of course.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Dragon4234

Can I start trash talking yet? I really wanna.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MalkavianJD

@FluxWaveZ said:

@MalkavianJD said:

Me, of course.

But I mean, who's going to keep tracks of the other groups if you're participating? Who will invite what. So far only you have added me.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@MalkavianJD said:

But I mean, who's going to keep tracks of the other groups if you're participating? Who will invite what. So far only you have added me.

I will? I'll be the one forming the groups and it'll be the groups' responsibility to make sure they get going properly. No one needs to add each everybody; when the time of the tournament comes, one of the people in a group will be the host and invite the rest. Then the groups will report to me in this thread or via PMs to let me know the results so I can update the next groups for a different phase.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#128  Edited By Liquidus

@Dragon4234 said:

Why? That's implying there's some skill to this and it isn't just totally random and full of bullshit.

Snowgoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Snowgoons

<ties Ryu head band on> >=)

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Vonocourt

So got merc'd during the one online match I played, but enjoying the single-player so far. It's pretty slight by Platinum's standards, but still entertaining.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Liquidus

@Dragon4234 said:

Why? That's implying there's some skill to this and it isn't just totally random and full of bullshit.

HahahahahahHabahahahHahaHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh Rob I love you.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Also if you so please, divide me, John, and .... someone else between the first three groups and we can stream so there's a public record of the end of match standings.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Vonocourt

Can you spectate a match?

kaziowihora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By kaziowihora

My internet back up and running so if it’s not to late I would like to re-enter

PSN: kaziowihora

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Liquidus

@Brodehouse said:

@Liquidus

@Dragon4234 said:

HahahahahahHabahahahHahaHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh Rob I love you.

I love you too, buddy :P

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Sarumarine

Well, that's involved (and a pretty healthy sampling of the multiplayer modes.) I have no idea how it will turn out, but I will be excited to play some Anarchy Reigns whatever happens.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Liquidus

@Sarumarine said:

Well, that's involved (and a pretty healthy sampling of the multiplayer modes.) I have no idea how it will turn out, but I will be excited to play some Anarchy Reigns whatever happens.

Not really, we're completely lacking the best mode: Deathball.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Sarumarine

@Liquidus said:

@Sarumarine said:

Not really, we're completely lacking the best mode: Deathball.

Well, I'm completely terrible at Deathball so I guess I didn't think of that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By musubi

Okay, I REALLY need some tips. Like dude. I've had some rough experiences in online games but usually I can figure out the swing of things rather quickly I'm am just getting put through the grinder with this game. I went 2-8 in my last Team Death Match I just did and that is the best I've ever done so far. I'm not sure how everyone is always managing to beat me out.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Dragon4234

@Liquidus: Son, that's why this is fucking serious businezz I will not be denied my completely random victory fuckers. I will show why Blacker Baron is fucking feared. Spamming DPs all day son, I be like a spinning a phat beat on the turntable, yea boi.

@Demoskinos: It's been rough going for me too for a while until it started clicking with me. Well first off, who did you normally play?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By musubi

@Dragon4234: Well, I don't have the full Roster unlocked yet but I was playing a few matches as Rin Rin. Should prob focus on single player and just unlock everyone first.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Dragon4234

@Demoskinos: It doesn't really matter if you have the full roster or not, as long as you're willing to put some time into learning the nuisances of your character. I have the full roster minus Gargoyle but the only other characters I play besides Baron, is Douglas and Max.

Rin is probably the least most used out of the sisters I've seen but she's still a Rin and is pretty high tier. Team Deathmatch is usually a bad idea for getting better unless you're really confident about your skills. The main problem is that if a team does really good, they usually stick together for a while, however the team you usually just joined is probably going to be random. Major thing is staying together and covering each others back, something I've found that random teams I've joined have a hard time doing things as a team.

The other big thing I can think of that goes across the game is dealing with 360 attacks. Those are pretty easy to deal with if you haven't figured it out yet, just assume their gonna do a 360 attack whenever you do anything with them on the ground, so try not doing anything that has a huge recovery while hitting them so you can either block or dodge and get back to hitting them. Since that's the case a lot of players try focusing on doing air combos or landing H KW attacks.

As for Rin herself I've seen a lot of players doing L KW in the air, seems pretty hard to hit her out of it and covers a small distance quickly while doing like an 8th of life. I just found out it can be done twice so you can definitely hit confirm it into more damage or leave it at one hit to leave them closer to you.

I got two combos here if you wanna try them: H - delay L, lunge LLL, H KW. This one isn't a legit combo since the finisher can be dodged out of it but you'll need crazy reflexes to do it. This does like 90%. The lunge can be hard to time, it works if you mash while doing delay L.

H, rising j.H, j.LL KW - A real combo that does around 45% for two meter isn't too terrible.

and bonus one to be flashy: H - delay L, lunge LL, rising j.H, LL KW. This one seems to work better without lock-on. O_o

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Liquidus

@Demoskinos said:

Okay, I REALLY need some tips. Like dude. I've had some rough experiences in online games but usually I can figure out the swing of things rather quickly I'm am just getting put through the grinder with this game. I went 2-8 in my last Team Death Match I just did and that is the best I've ever done so far. I'm not sure how everyone is always managing to beat me out.

Just come to terms with the fact that this game is all sorts of fucked up and exploit it. For team based modes, NEVER separate from your teammates. You will get doubled team by the opposing team and will die. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. In Deathmatch or Battle Royale, try to stay away from the chaos as much as possible and pick people off. Use grabs and your killer weapon A LOT. Spam that stuff, this game is really dumb. Embrace it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#144  Edited By Yummylee

@Liquidus said:

@Demoskinos said:

Just come to terms with the fact that this game is all sorts of fucked up and exploit it. For team based modes, NEVER separate from your teammates. You will get doubled team by the opposing team and will die. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. In Deathmatch or Battle Royale, try to stay away from the chaos as much as possible and pick people off. Use grabs and your killer weapon A LOT. Spam that stuff, this game is really dumb. Embrace it.

Pretty much.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#145  Edited By Yummylee

So was that you amidst all of that madness in the battle royale just now??

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

@Yummylee: Yep. My strategy is to steal kills and be the hugest bitch in the match.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By musubi

Good Luck with the tourney guys. Wish I could play but stuck here at work until 7pm.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#148  Edited By AlexW00d

To those that participate and join the IRC room in the op, when you go to the PCGH website, make sure you change the channel, as last time a thousand people joined the PC Gaming Hub IRC and asked about Persona, and none of us knew what the fuck was going on, and it was confusing.

At least this time we can guide people if that does happen, but yeah, IRC man.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#149  Edited By irrelevantjohn
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.