Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 25, 2017

A mobile entry in the Animal Crossing series of life simulation games, putting players in the role of a camp manager as they form friendships with other camp-goers and build up their campsite.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - Nintendo Direct Announcement

airbagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By airbagged

It's been announced! Who's ready?

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure would love an Animal Crossing game for Switch I can buy for my wife...

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By effache

Seems about as neutered as I would expect another nintnedo mobile game to be, but I will certainly still give it a try, as will my girlfriend most likely. A year ago this announcement would have devastated me more but with the launch of the switch I feel the potential for the next game in the franchise is much greater on that platform and that's ultimately where I'm pinning my hopes.

Also, Tom Nook has taken the next logical step and started shaking you down for your real money. Truly the wily businessman... raccoon. businessraccoon

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

I had very low expectations, so I'm surprised how reminiscent of a full Animal Crossing game it actually is. The big question mark is going to be how much the F2P elements get in the way.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played an Animal Crossing, but strangely came away more willing to give this a try than Fire Emblem Heroes...life is odd.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By imhungry

You just get all kinds of different fruit right out of the gate? They've ruined it and made it too casual!!!

In all seriousness though it actually looks more involved than I thought it would be since I had pretty lowered expectations. Definitely looks like something I'd love to waste my time on during a commute. It's also hilarious and incredibly fitting that Tom Nook is now the arbiter of Michael Transactions.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This looks great to me! Thank god Tom Nook isn't there to microtransact the everloving crap out of Bells. I wouldn't want to be in debt with him for REAL money...

Tickets seem like a convenience, which is fine. I'll be playing this for sure, I think Nintendo's mobile line-up is pretty solid so far.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprisingly Animal Crossing-like, so that's a plus. I've never dived deep into this series but this sure seems like one of those.

Tom Nook selling premium currency is almost as weird as that Crazy Taxi clicker, though.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can make a half-pipe?! TAKE MY BELL TOM NOOK!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

This seems like it's in a good position to hook into a full Animal Crossing game on the Switch eventually. Take your campervan to your actual town and cary on from there.

Yoshisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m into it. Curious to see if it has legs for me. I got really into Fire Emblem Heroes for the first few weeks then stopped and haven’t played since.

I love Animal Crossing, so I’m hopeful.

conantheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in love. This is way more than I expected.

My mom only pays AC, she plays no other game and considering we live in different countries, this is a way for us to bond without her having to buy a new system.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's cute; could be fun. Ultimately, it will depend on the build/time requirements, amount of content (and, for some, how involved the villager conversations are). Looks promising, we'll see.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks neat. Definitely gonna give it a try.

I am worried about how much Tom Nook is ascending, though. First he came for our in-game Bells, and it wasn't enough. Now he's comin for that real world currency and who is gonna stop him? No one.

jakoo_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really impressed with how much they distilled the New Leaf experience into something this bite-sized. While it's probably not for me, I think it will find an audience and make for a good launching point into the series for new fans.

However, what got me the most excited about this reveal is that if they are willing to make the mobile version of Animal Crossing this fully featured, I bet the Switch version is going to be much more ambitious then their previous outings.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I agree it looks like they've got all the features a normal animal crossing game would have and that's cool. I'm just really curious what the big hook of the next full game will be because parts of this are starting to feel same-y to me.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well this looks charming as heck. A lot more interested in an AC mobile game than I was into the Fire Emblem one.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This makes me realize how much I'm craving an Animal Crossing on the switch. Please Nintendo. Guess I'll be looking into this, and starting a new town on my 3DS as well!

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Best Value!!
    Best Value!!

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

If anyone else is playing with the Australian APK and want to be friends, here is my code! Come see this rad TV I went broke purchasing!

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, after dumping boat loads of money into FEH, time to see how Nintendo can bleed me dry next !

Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
    Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks essentially like a somewhat simplified "real Animal Crossing game" except you run a camp as opposed to running a town. For what it is, it looks fantastic.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great. I don't get the disappointment some folks are expressing. It seems like 90% standard Animal Crossing plus some microtransactions.

I hate how much I'm going to play this game. I hate how much money I'm going to spend on this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3d422a86eae
    deactivated-5f3d422a86eae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably the best looking Animal Crossing game so far, which takes away any final reason to play amiibo festival

Seems way better than I'd been expecting so far, pretty cool that theres finally an easy way to play an animal crossing game without buying a 3DS

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure i like this game. Its in the middle of a main AC game and Happy Home Designer with everything revolving around fetch quests, crafting and microtransactions. There's no encyclopedia completion, no stalk market, no fossils, no island, no insect/fish length. Maybe itll be better in the final game with events but its really bare-bones right now.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.