Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 20, 2020

Transform a deserted island into a paradise in the Switch's version of Animal Crossing.

Are you getting physical or digital version of the new Animal Crossing ?

Maxx2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Are you getting physical or digital version of the new Animal Crossing ? (127 votes)

Physical 15%
    Digital 71%
    Neither 14%

I haven't bough physical games in years for PS4, but since getting Switch at the end of last year, I for some reason ended up buying lots of the games physical. I guess it's something to do with how well Nintendo games keep their value or not wanting to pay full price on a digital game (since Nintendo game on a Nintendo digital store should not cost the same as the one on local game store).

Now with Animal Crossing: New Horizons approaching, I'm still pondering which one to get

• 
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I normally get physical cos it's cheaper, but Animal crossing isn't a game that takes up all your time so I don't want to have to keep swapping the cart out. In the UK I managed to get a very cheap digital copy.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I specifically want digital because then it will always be available in my system and I won't need to swap it out ever. With the past games, I usually play them for like 20 minutes to a half hour a day so it'd be annoying to switch carts every day.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've already preloaded it

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MachoFantastico

I usually get physical when it comes to the Switch. But due to it being Animal Crossing it doesn't make much sense to go with a physical copy. Will probably pick it up from the Nintendo store unless I can get it a little cheaper. Depends.

Honestly get it digitally unless your unsure if Animal Crossing is for you. If your already a fan than digital is the only way to go, it saves you constantly swapping carts.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Digital on my new Animal Crossing style switch. Want to have access to that game 24/7 and I tend to buy a lot less physical stuff these days.

niroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always go physical if its available, but with Animal Crossing I don't want to have to keep swapping carts, so I've gone for both. One for the switch and one for the shelf!

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Physical, most likely, but I'll probably order online instead of going out to a Gamestop. I have a couple of "big" games on my SD card in my Switch and can't really handle another title that's not an indie. Also, for whatever reason I like buying physical on the Switch.

Avatar image for drgirlfriendexp
    drgirlfriendexp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm old-fashioned and like having physical copies of games whenever possible. I pre-ordered my copy long ago and was feeling pretty good about it - until I received an email early this morning from Amazon:

New estimated delivery date:

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

I'm crushed . Still trying to decide if I should just cancel and download, because I really do prefer having a copy in hand.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm old-fashioned and like having physical copies of games whenever possible. I pre-ordered my copy long ago and was feeling pretty good about it - until I received an email early this morning from Amazon:

New estimated delivery date:

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

I'm crushed . Still trying to decide if I should just cancel and download, because I really do prefer having a copy in hand.

All this right here. Devastated! Will probably just buy off the eshop now and buy a physical copy later down the line, perhaps at a cheaper price.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Currently under self-quarantine for the next two weeks, so probably digital.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jesus_Phish

I managed to get the Animal Crossing Edition Switch which comes with a digital code, which doesn't unlock until tomorrow.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12 FinalDasa  Moderator

I had three $20s sitting on my desk, with a Tom Nook amiibo keeping watch, and decided on Monday going out to grab a copy at midnight wouldn't be possible any longer.

So I caved and purchased it digitally.

Suddenly very happy I bought an SD card.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Picked up my copy last night. If anyone wants to add me:

Bezerker - SW-7302-6465-7614

My island has Peaches so welcoming all other types of fruit.

Maxx2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bezerker285: sent you a friend request

My Friend code is SW-3192-2477-1715 and I think my profile name is Kalle, maybe (my nintendo account login is something different)

I ended up getting the digital version and feeling good about it. Not having to change cartridges for daily AC sessions is nice.

Accolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Digital because my wife didn't want me going into Target unnecessarily during Covid

Avatar image for bored_and_agitated
    bored_and_agitated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I buy physical for forever games from Nintendo. Not confident they’ll keep digital games available forever. So animal crossing is physical, most everything else will be digital.

DrCapsaicin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxx2029: @bezerker285: Sent a friend request to both of you. Profile is DrCap. I have cherries on my island.

My friend code is SW-7971-2581-9798 for anyone else who wants to friend

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.