Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

What are you going to pick for your Lifepath in Cyberpunk 2077

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What are you going to pick for your Lifepath in Cyberpunk 2077 (109 votes)

Nomad 35%
    Street Kid 25%
    Corporate 40%
     • 
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

Is there a description for these?

The idea of a nomad just wandering around and getting mixed up in shit sounds like the kind of mythical cyberpunk protagonist I'd like to play as, but I want to know exactly what they mean by these terms.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People treating this whole thing as "news" is insane to me. It's minor plot details for the character creator/intro - it's PR! We don't know what half this stuff means! Relax!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@justin258: Judging by the Night Wire, they'll all be playable intros that will feature unique characters, a scene where you clink a drink to celebrate your way of life before it gets torn away, a scene where you work on/race a car, some traumatic events that shaped you, and then you'll be plopped in Night City. Like a tutorial with narrative, think halfway between Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 1.

That's just my read on them though, there's not much beyond some clips that they cut together.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I have no idea, from what I remember when they first revealed all of this like two years ago, it mostly involves the tutorial and some random incidental dialogue, same as most "choose your background" stuff. Like @bwheeeler said, it's weird that this is news or a thing they've released as PR considering it was already a minor bullet point during its last big E3 showcase.

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Here is a link to today's livestream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GzKW7skUNw

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Here is a link to today's livestream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GzKW7skUNw

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bwheeeler: I was just wondering what people will choose its not like I am losing my mind over this crazy new mechanic or anything.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corporate hacker in the making here. Seems like the most legit way to cyberpunk.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

man I hope this game turns out OK

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seriously, I don't know what the people in this thread are complaining about. It's a poll to ask which background people are playing first. It's as valid to discuss this as it was to discuss the origin stories in Dragon Age: Origins when it was being previewed. What they've shown so far looks as substantial, if not more so, as the origin stories in DA.

Anyway, I think I'm leaning to the corpo lifepath. I dig the aesthetic, and the idea of being burned by a corporation and rising to be a legend in night city just seems rad to me.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'll probably just do what always happens, stare at the screen in the character creator for 10 minutes trying to decide before ultimately going with my initial gut instinct.

I, too, hope this game turns out ok. Because a lot of it feels like it's going to be a mess.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

Maybe Nomad because I like the idea of working my way to the city, and seeing the city from a distance as opposed to being in the middle of it from the get-go. I don't know though. I also want to say that the latest footage of Cyberpunk worried me in another way. Before I thought the game wasn't looking great, like exploration might be cool, but the combat looked underwhelming; now though I'm worried because it all looks really good and my expectations may be a bit too high. I'm surprised corporate is the one people chose, that's the least likely one I'd choose I think. I'm going solely based on the story and setting though, not what it might give you gameplay-wise.

Centurion73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm choosing Nomad for my first play through, as it means both the character and I are new to Night City.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more I think about it, the more it'll come down to how robust their character creator is. For example, if there's a good beard option I think I might go Nomad. If you can make yourself look cooler in a more grunge cyberpunk way I might do Street Kid, otherwise I'll go clean looking Corpo.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Corporate make me talk less like a gangster?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I’m curious about Corporate simply because it seems so far removed from everything else in that game and I do love Future Mega Corps. Make Syndicate 2 you cowards!

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fugoy

I'm torn between nomad or street kid to start with because I want to save the absolute evil corpo for last. Then I'll go in reverse and maybe try a corpo that's trying his hardest to change things. But who knows how they'll turn out. Excited to see how much it plays into your character.

PananaBeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PananaBeel

Corporate for me. There's something eerie and conniving about them from what I've seen in footage. Also, I'm hoping you'd get exposed to bleeding edge tech and more detailed interactions with the private industry ruling production.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ulfhedinn

Seems I'll be going with least popular option, Street Kid.

For me it's gonna be like climbing the ladder. Born on the street, raised on the street, now it's time to put that knowledge to good use and make a name for myself.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to pick whatever life path is slotted in the middle of the screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
    deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corpo just because I think it'll let you experience the super weird dystopia cyberpunk stuff more directly.

Definitely wanna try them all though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.