Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVO Championship Series

Concept »

The World Fighting Game Championships in all but name. Since 2000, the Evolution Championship Series has been the most prominent fighting game tournament event. It features the best players from all over the world.

Winter Brawl 9 Preview (February 20-22) PLUS a shout-out to APEX/Twitch, Rayman in Smash? (Nope) And FGC News! (VGCW?!)

• 49 results
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Unlucky MarlinPie, you're not quite up to Justin Wong level of hero just yet.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Ugh, as much as I try to appreciate Morrigan, having more than 1 player in top 8 (or in the top 16 or 32) is just sort of a bummer and gets me to stop paying attention to the stream. Really lame.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By hassun

Time for the main event.

Just finished watching Infiltration put the hurt on everyone in Spain with his (new main?) Decapre.

Chris T has been impressing me a lot with his Ken. Wouldn't mind seeing him win this.

Competition in USFIV is at insane levels right now. I hope Capcom and Sony can keep this (money) train going.

-

Looks like Big E is putting in far more work than anyone else though. I bow my head to him.

-

-

Jesus H Christ Saltford. After watching people like Daigo and XiaoHai completely dismantle top level Zangiefs it's weird to see Snake Eyez annihilate a Sagat like that.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ThunderSlash

l1ghtn1n: @flstyle: Upon some Googling, itseems like the games used to default to best of 3 rounds, but tournaments prefer best of 5 due to how much importance these games place on momentum. The extra 3rd round allows people enough time to read their opponents instead of getting blown up. So the games decided to adopt that as the standard.

Pretty sure I know which online tournament you are talking about. It was the one with Rico Suave as Thunder. Yeah, I wasn't sure why his DPs were working so well too. Rico Factor? @starvinggamer

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SANFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@l1ghtn1n said:

Damn, it really is the end of a era. MarlinPie had a good run but nothing lasts forever I guess. Seriously though he put up a good fight and kept it close, looking forward to seeing what he can do in the future.

USF4 Top 8 up next!

Dunno, I'd hardly call 1st at Xrd and 2nd at Marvel the end of anything.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sanford hug denial was fantastic.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see Snake Eyez coming out on top again after a few harsh losses at big events.

@starvinggamer: @l1ghtn1n:

MarlinPie is definitely not going anywhere any time soon.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Congrats to Snake Eyez, well worth the trip to the East Coast

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@fredchuckdave: I thought the movement and freeform combos in that game felt really, really good. I don't usually try to figure out my own combos but since I played melty blood they were easy to figure out.

I think what sets uniel apart is that it rewards defensive play more than other anime fighters and is more like SF. Instead of constant rushdown and aggression it's easier to see the neutral game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.