Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Does this game hate dual monitors?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I recently got a new machine that runs Windows 7 and Fallout 3 GOTY has been having fits ever since. Can't even get it to start. I read a few threads saying that I need to disable .Net Frameworks 3.5, but that doesn't seem to work either. I do have dual monitors at the moment, has anyone had experience with running the game in duals? Is that was the issue is?

church877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By church877

I've played through Fallout 3 GOTY many times with duel monitors hooked up. What are your pc specs?

Edit: I just tried to play it and got the same issue you were having. So I turned off the 2nd monitor and that let the game open. I typed in my cd key and then closed it down, turned the 2nd monitor back on and now it seems to be opening fine when I have 2 monitors on.

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By rynbeed

That's odd.. Never had any issues with my dual monitors. I think the only issues I ever had with FO and NV was with Aero. What card you have, and are the drivers up to date?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.