Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Fallout 3 Character Planner Sheet(UPDATED 04-02-09)

thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By thewoj

Hey guys, I've had some requests recently for the addition of the DLC perks to my Fallout 3 Character Planner sheet I posted a while back, so here it is!
    Check it out and download it here!
    (link takes you to my site, and the download is down the page)

Feel free to leave any suggestions for the sheet in the comments below. I'm willing to listen!
    thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By thewoj

Hey guys, I've had some requests recently for the addition of the DLC perks to my Fallout 3 Character Planner sheet I posted a while back, so here it is!
    Check it out and download it here!
    (link takes you to my site, and the download is down the page)

Feel free to leave any suggestions for the sheet in the comments below. I'm willing to listen!
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Fallout 3 doesn't require any character planning. It's a pretty simple matter, making a character that is good at almost everything. :P

thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thewoj

I feel like my first character is too unfocused. Jack of all trades, master of none, as my grandmother used to say. He can do a lot of things competently, but no one thing is great. Hence my desire to have a second character that has a direct goal for his abilities. Or, I just want a legitimate excuse to have the Ninja perk.

henrik_zwomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By henrik_zwomp
    TheWoj said:
    "I feel like my first character is too unfocused. Jack of all trades, master of none, as my grandmother used to say. He can do a lot of things competently, but no one thing is great. Hence my desire to have a second character that has a direct goal for his abilities."
    I feel the same.

And also, the Excel file seems to work correctly in OpenOffice 2. So people don't need own MS Office to use it :)
    Ingwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Ingwe

I've done the same thing in Oblivion to make efficient leveling easier but this is a much more complicated spreadsheet than mine.  I'll test thins one out as soon as I can fix up my PC enough to instal Fallout.

xXJ0N0K3RXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By xXJ0N0K3RXx

Ive made him a super thief mostly on Agility CHarisma and endurance, ive got 100 lockpick speech and small arms and 88 on sneak so i can now just go up behind somone in sneak and kill em in one shot in the head with my Silenced 10mm

pandemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By pandemic

Judging by the screenshot your tool is very impressive.  However when I try to download it the site you've uploaded too says it's "not currently available on any servers" or something like that.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By logson

Wow, really nice job with this. Thanks!

thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thewoj
    pandemic said:
    "Judging by the screenshot your tool is very impressive.  However when I try to download it the site you've uploaded too says it's "not currently available on any servers" or something like that."
    That's a problem with server load on mediafire's end. Trying an hour or so later usually seems to work.

Also, thanks for the feedback everyone! Glad it is working for everyone and that I could contribute to the community a bit.
    thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thewoj

Hey all, working on an update to this thing.
    Look for it Tuesday!

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Chummy8

Pretty cool.  I think I'll use it.

thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thewoj

Behind schedule, but I just released an update to the sheet today. Lots of improvements, check it out!

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By skrutop

Very cool.  I did something similar for Oblivion, so that I'd max out my character's stats.  While Fallout doesn't require nearly that level of forethought, this is still very handy.  Thanks!

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By daniel_beck_90

it is obvious that you have spent quite a bit of time on that , good job

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By The_Icon

Great work bro!

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bullet_Jr

This is awesome, I've been putting off playing FO3 since I accidentally deleted my old character save in a frenzy.

Chances are though, that I'll just end up doing what I did last time, putting all points in small guns, lockpick and sneak.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By PureRok

Oh god, I love spreadsheets, so now I love you.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By Hector

WOW! Incredible. I give you mad props for the hard work.

thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thewoj

Just a heads up: Even though I'm at 800+ downloads (thanks for whoever decided to Stumble Upon my original article!), I'm not going to be updating this until after Broken Steel comes out, unless The Pitt adds some massive perks or something.  Updating right now for the one additional perk from OpAnc is not worth it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Woah...even though I'm not sure you really need this to make a good character in Fallout 3, I'm happy to see that it exists for those that really want to squeeze the most out of every perk and skill point.

thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thewoj

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the great feedback. As per some requests, v1.3 has been posted, with the addition of DLC perks for Op:Anc and The Pitt!

satseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By satseb

started up an old save to play around with your character sheet (great job btw) and I'm having some issues. I do not know which of my skills are tagged. Is there any way to find this out after creating a character? I'm currently at level 4. I decided that I would add my perks and SPECIALS to the sheet, then add up my current skill totals in-game and compare them to the base values the sheet gives me. In theory there should be a discrepancy of 45 points for the tag skills that i could narrow down. unfortunately I have a difference of 104 with 91 of those allotted for leveling up. So that means I only have a gap of 13...?! Doesn't make sense. Anyone care to help me solve this mystery?

thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thewoj

Send me your sheet and I'll take a look at it and figure out what's going wrong with it.
    bryan[ at] perpetuallygaming.com

Calsapher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Calsapher

TheWoj, thank you so much...Im playing a TTRPG version of F3 with my friends and your character planer is what we are using for a character sheet. You seriously saved us about a week worth of work. Btw i know this might be a tall order to ask of you but is there any way you could add weapons and armor to your system? I've noticed that ill spend an hour or two of game time lookin for some weapon my friend has only to find out that it realy isnt as awsome as he claims it is. I know you wouldnt go threw and put every armor and weapon in but if you could put the standard stuff in like the Gaus Rifle and Basic Energy weapons, Small Guns, And the usefull Big guns along with the basic armor i would be forever greatful. If you want me to help some how just pm me. Thanks for the sheet and ill be watching out for your next version.

thewoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thewoj
    @Calsapher: Thanks. There's currently a new version of the sheet in the works, with Point Lookout and Broken Steel support. There will, unfortunately be no support for specific items, because I barely have enough time to get what I need done (I planned to have this done after BS and I'm still not finished). If you and your friends pull together any sort of massive list, I'm sure I can see what I can do with it, but as of right now, there is no plan for specific item support. I will be adding room for items, but the users will have to fill out the item stats on their own. I appreciate your interest and support though!
    Calsapher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Calsapher

Didn’t take as long as I thought XD we are compiling the stats now and we have the weapons done and the amo. We are working on the armor and other items still but it shouldn’t take more than a day or two, 6 guys working together gets shit done. If you could I need you email seeing as the list is long and set up in a format that I really like but the guys think is completely useless. Each item has its own stat block damage Crit percent and everything else...here is an example of what I did. Gauss Rifles rule! XD

No Caption Provided

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Bellum said:
    " Fallout 3 doesn't require any character planning. It's a pretty simple matter, making a character that is good at almost everything. :P "
    I'm pretty sure he likes to prepare.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Capum15

Quick! Someone post one of those "Thread Resurrection Spell" pictures!

I honestly found it easy to max certain skills when I first played the game though. Kinda went "Oh, that seems important" and it usually was. Plus, 100 Small Guns and Sneak > Everything except Behemoths.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.