theeliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theeliminator

Hi Folks,

Looking through the show list at https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/shows/ , I noticed that VinnyVania is missing. I noticed a page select at the bottom of the page but changing to page 2 doesn't change anything. I've tried both Chrome and IE on Windows and Chrome on Android and same on all.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

The show menu is too long to fit on a 1080p screen if that's what you're using. I have to zoom out to 80% and then it shows at the bottom of the list, otherwise the list cuts off at Unprofessional Fridays.

Anyway, here's the show link: https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/vinnyvania/

theeliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theeliminator

Thanks.

I'm using a 4k display, zooming out doesn't display any more shows unfortunately. I changed Windows DPI back to 100% and signing off and back on but no change.

Edit: Thanks to the poster below, I realise you're referring to the list of shows when you highlight "Videos" on the top of the site (I've never noticed that before funnily enough!). Those display correctly for me.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have the same issue. When you go into the "Shows" page, the "Archived Shows" stops at "Who's the Big Boss." So it doesn't show Vinnyvania or UPF, which seems especially egregious. Then clicking on page 2 just redirects to the same page.

I hope once everything settles down between new ownership and Covid stuff, they can reassess some of the wonky bits of the website.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

@fisk0: I believe you're talking about the Videos dropdown menu at the top of the site, which collects a decent number of current(...ish) shows that it calls out as "Featured Shows". You're right, this bafflingly trails off the bottom of the screen unless you mess with browser zoom and yes, this Featured Shows does contain Vinnyvania.

However, what I think OP is talking about is if you go to the Videos dropdown menu, and click on the link for Shows, which directs to:

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/shows/

That page is notably missing Vinnyvania and UPF. It's also missing Spookin' with Scoops, and also the Beastcast is entirely absent despite the Bombcast and Hotspot both having a Show made for them (perhaps this is deliberate on the part of @vinny because the video version of the Beastcast is "temporary" until they're back in the studio). Not sure what else is missing, I know lots of older video series maybe don't have the same accuracy of metadata that newer ones do. I assume the goal is for the page to display every different "Show" category/tag that has ever been created on the site, but some big ones are missing. There is a mysterious Page 2 of Shows that it is not possible to ever navigate to, so maybe the missing shows are bumped over there somehow.

While we're griping about the accuracy of the Shows page, it considers these shows active/recent despite having no episodes in 2020:

• Burgle My Bananas
  • Get On My Level!
  • GB Crime Crew
  • Murder Island (maybe this is still valid in case a good new battle royale comes out)
  • Reviews (I guess one day there may be video reviews again)

And the following shows are considered Archived but seem very alive to me:

• Clue Crew (new Clue Crew videos were made as recently as Oct 23 and Oct 9, though maybe Abby is positive those are absolutely the last ones they will ever do)

Not so much a bug, but probably a neglected metadata field somewhere that the staff doesn't always update.

theeliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taylorwmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

UPF, VR Rodeo, and VinnyVania don't show up under the show page.