The multiplayer in this game kinda seems broken in the most unfun way

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I've stuck with this game's multiplayer for the last two days and it's kinda crazy how hard Treyarch seems to have dropped the ball in the game feel department. It's hard to explain but playing this and last year's Modern Warfare back to back feels like the difference between a nice Modern Warfare style shiatsu massage versus a Black Ops Cold War sledgehammer against my spine. Movement speed seems ridiculously high to the point where everyone's running around like the Doom Guy and it makes it nearly impossible to hit anyone with the already dodgy hit detection that's present on the incredibly lackluster arsenal. I've been digging around the subreddit for this game and it seems like some people are echoing then same grievances and I'm just wondering if anyone here's been having any similar experiences?

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I haven’t played the MP eat but I found it jarring in the campaign that I couldn’t mount on corners to click onto cover. It felt really weird just kind of having to bounce in and out of cover, kinda felt like I was playing a very pretty 360 CoD.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@bicycleham: this seems very par for the course when it comes to Call of Duty these days. It’s one step forward and two steps back every year.

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I don't play the game myself but I follow some of the more in-depth Youtubers that cover the game and apparently there's some issues with the aim assist right now. It will actively push your crosshairs away from enemies in some circumstances which might be contributing to the game feeling off.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has COD multiplayer ever been balanced?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: For a bit maybe, but by most accounts Modern Warfare was a very large step forward in every aspect, after such a jump in quality it's obvious the next game might not compare favourably unless it just added a few things on top of it.

I played the beta on PC and had a pretty rough experience, technical issues aside it just didn't look or feel very good, i was expecting it to be less impressive when compared to MW, but i would have taken it if they adjusted or fixed the aspects of MW's multiplayer that i absolutely hate but they didn't, those things being strict skill based matchmaking, overly complex map design (i saw someone describe it as porous), and spawn points with face palm logic, i think i'll skip this one for now.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bicycleham
@doctortran said:

I haven’t played the MP eat but I found it jarring in the campaign that I couldn’t mount on corners to click onto cover. It felt really weird just kind of having to bounce in and out of cover, kinda felt like I was playing a very pretty 360 CoD.

That definitely feels like a missed feature for me too. Mounting on walls to lower recoil for longer ranged shots felt like such a natural thing. Having it missing in this game makes me wonder if Treyarch removed it for balancing reasons or if it was just never in the game to begin with?

@takoyaki said:

I don't play the game myself but I follow some of the more in-depth Youtubers that cover the game and apparently there's some issues with the aim assist right now. It will actively push your crosshairs away from enemies in some circumstances which might be contributing to the game feeling off.

I'm currently playing on PC so no aim assist. The problem seems to stem more from a mixture of the guns themselves coupled with ridiculously fast and unpredictable player movement. Players in my sights have straight up slid around corners or sprinted past doorways from a full stop and blasted me in the ass without a second thought and it just feels kinda cheap.

@noobsauce said:

Has COD multiplayer ever been balanced?

Balanced? No, there's always been weapons and class setups that are dominant in the meta and are the go-to for professional play and that's been pretty apparent with the release of Warzone where you'll see most streamers and pros use 3 or 4 different guns in maybe 1 or 2 configurations. The problem is thought in this particular game it just feels like you either need to play like a meta slave or the game just wants you to get fucked. It's even more ironic that the two guns that are the meta right now, the R700 and MP5, are the same exact guns that have been dominating the Modern Warfare meta right now. The difference is, Modern Warfare's selection of guns other than the SPR and MP5 are still viable since MW has such a low time to kill, Black Ops feels like a Destiny clone that can't figure out hitting a guy three times in the head with an M4 isn't very satisfying when the same guy returns fire and kills you with an MP5.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By LonelySpacePanda

Tried MW beta and did not like it at all. I am loving this however. Couldn't tell you the difference but this one is really clicking for me and is the most fun I had with CoD since COD4/WaW. I know Jeff always complains about how these games change but I think that's good as it is often the case that some will like one entry and then not like the next and vice-versa. To be fair, I think PS5 controller is adding a lot to my enjoyment. What's not are the crashes.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think PS5 controller is adding a lot to my enjoyment.

The videos I saw showing this off were actually really cool looking. Having separate trigger breaks for each gun seems like a super cool idea and right up my alley but not really worth paying however much a PS5 or PS5 controller costs, or playing the game on PC with a controller. Maybe in the far flung future of 2021 Sony makes a mouse with haptic feedback.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

I have to be honest: At first, I hated it. I turned it off. It felt weird and bad. But I gave it a chance and it's done this weird thing where it trained my brain how to properly play CoD for the first time. I'm usually awful but now I'm doing great. I think it's because it's physically harder to pull the trigger due to tension so my trigger discipline is a lot better, taking time to aim for headshots. The recoil also helps as every bullet sends feedback so I'm more mindful of my accuracy fading. It's pretty interesting and not something I would have predicted going into this gen. I'm sure if you are already excellent at CoD that you'd disable but for me it's been a welcome addition.

Brakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Brakara

I hate that click-to-aim on PC is broken when you sprint, so you have to hold to aim anyway. Since I'm using click-to-aim on all my shooters this is seriously fucking me up (and this worked great in MW).

Anyway, the game itself isn't half-bad, but I liked the gunplay, movement, maps, streaks, perks and so on much better in MW. Hopefully, they won't fuck up Warzone by switching to this engine on December 10th.

Edit: Also the grind is almost unreal in CW, especially the slow-ass weapon levelling system.

cadilla430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH this COD has been as disappointing as Ghost was at least for me anyway. The campagin has no teeth, and to me they tried to make COD more like battlefield.