Anyone played Cassette Beasts?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I just stumbled across this game on the Steam store and almost bought it after reading what seemed like endless glowing user reviews. I then discovered it's available to stream on PC Game Pass, so I started it on my Steam Deck. I only played less than an hour last night, but it seems legitimately pretty awesome, so I just wanted to point it out to folks in case you'd also be interested in trying it out. It's on sale on Steam, or again, Game Pass if you've got it.

Seems to be inspired by Pokemon, but from what I gather just saying that is a disservice to everything else they're doing with that game. There's apparently a ton of depth to combat, Stardew-style relationship building, a very cool aesthetic and soundtrack, some sort of fusion system, etc.

Anybody have some significant playtime in this one yet? Looks like it just released late April 2023. I'm going to be digging into it, so I'll check back in once I've had some time put in.

No Caption Provided

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I've finished it, and am into the post game stuff. I ran into a few bugs, including one that could have ruined my save by getting me stuck outside the map, which I resolved by turning on the game's two-player mode, using the other character to initiate a battle, then losing which warps you back to town, getting me unstuck. Aside from that terrifying 20-minute ordeal, I enjoyed it a lot. A whole lot more than I enjoyed Pokemon Violet.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@brian_ said:

I've finished it, and am into the post game stuff. I ran into a few bugs, including one that could have ruined my save by getting me stuck outside the map, which I resolved by turning on the game's two-player mode, using the other character to initiate a battle, then losing which warps you back to town, getting me unstuck. Aside from that terrifying 20-minute ordeal, I enjoyed it a lot. A whole lot more than I enjoyed Pokemon Violet.

Holy cow I'm glad you were able to get out of that jam, that's crazy. I'll keep that fix in mind, just in case.

Good to know that you really liked it though, that's awesome. I have not played the latest Pokemon offering as of yet, but maybe one day. Just seems like a big ole bummer though, almost unanimously.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I tried this for about an hour and just didn't want to keep playing. I think I'm too invested in Pokemon that it not being Pokemon is enough to deter me. Also makes me think that maybe I just keep playing Pokemon because I've been playing Pokemon (I did not like SV, and it's caused me to stop building my living pokedex). So, maybe I'm just done with the genre.

JerKnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just played a few hours of this one and loved it. I am surprised I have never heard anything about it. Jan definitely needs to give this one a try!