Best Controller For Mario Wonder?

minker17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All I have are the joycons. I've seen people say the regular Pro Controller, 8bitdo Lite, one of the snes controllers, but I'd like more recommendations. I also don't want to spend more than the cost of the Pro Controller, but ideally less.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Mario Wonder needs a specific controller. Just pick whatever D-pad feels best to you. There are so many Switch controllers out there that it's hard to nail them down but there are lots of reviews. You really only need three buttons. Jump, run/fireball/other attack, and then a shoulder button for badge moves or a jump spin.

I think the 8bitdo pro controller line has good D-pads and can be had relatively cheap if you're willing to put up with wired.

But really I wouldn't buy a controller JUST for Mario Wonder, so shape, stick configuration etc... are a factor (one of the reasons I wouldn't go for a SNES controller or anything else that won't be great for modern games.) Just get a good Dpad and a controller whose form factor you like.

Calvinball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am using the 8Bitdo Ultimate controller, with the left paddle button mapped to R (the button used for triggering certain badge abilities).

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use the 8bitdo sn30 pro to play almost any 2d platformer nowadays. I love it. But I also play SMB Wonder with the joycons while playing handheld and don't think you're really missing out on THAT much. I just prefer the Super Nintendo controller because it's what I grew up using.

MissAshley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's not the best, but I've been playing the game just fine with the Joy-Cons and the directional buttons. I think Nintendo did something to make them feel more responsive. Unlike in other Mario games, I can do running slides in Wonder as if I were using a regular D-pad.

MonaBeall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 8Bitdo Pro 2 is a versatile gaming controller designed for a variety of platforms, including Nintendo Switch, PC, and more. It features a familiar layout inspired by classic game controllers, making it a popular choice for retro gaming enthusiasts. With customizable buttons and excellent build quality, the 8Bitdo Pro 2 is a great option for those seeking a reliable controller with a nostalgic feel.