How should the Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series improve by 2028 & beyond?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear motor racing fans in the Giant Bomb forums

So far, from what I've heard about Gran Turismo 7 & Forza Motorsport 2023's community feedback from their respective early lifespan, both were praised for their handling model improved over their respective predecessor by having a more realistic feel, but both got backlashed for several flaws.

Gran Turismo 7 (Based on Metacritic, Google & Reddit's early user submissions):

• Online DRM.
  • Grimmy MTX.
  • Grinding (For those who are stuck in the single-player career mode and refuse to use MTX).
  • An underwhelming single-player career mode compared to its predecessors like the Gran Turismo 4 for example.
  • Poor online moderation system during online racing (Quite a lot of players got falsely moderated for ramming, say for example, when a dirty player on the front slams their brakes too early, right in front of another player, then causes the collision/contact and the innocent one gets penalized without a proper reason).

Forza Motorsport 2023 (Based on Metacritic, Google, Xbox Live Marketplace, Steam & Reddit's early user submissions):

• Online DRM.
  • Multiple Bugs and crashes on both console and PC versions, unfortunately.
  • The PC version's performance is badly optimized.
  • An underwhelming single-player career mode compared to its predecessors like the Forza Motorsport 4 example.
  • Grindy, especially the gimmick car upgrade system (Why do the players need their virtual car to reach each certain level before they're eligible to purchase the upgrade parts? unlike the older installments of Forza Motorsport & Gran Turismo series, they don't need to).
  • Bad online moderation system during online racing (It doesn't penalize and slow down dirty players at all while only deducting their safety rating).

Here are the improvements that I would love to see for both of their future installment on PS6/PC and Next-Gen Xbox console/PC respectively:

• Even more realistic handling model.
  • Both handling model options can be switched: Sim Racing and Simcade, to make them consumers for Racing Wheel peripheral & Controller pad respectively, just like Codemasters' DiRT 4 did, which is called Simulation & Gamer respectively.
  • Improve the force feedback on the Sim Racing wheelbases.
  • Having mid-save during race sessions.
  • Improved AI opponents and I would love to see similar Sophy AI appear in the next Forza Motorsport as well.
  • Better single-player career modes.
  • An updated roster of playable cars and tracks, but I prefer race cars more than road cars.
  • Proper endurance events in the career mode plus mid-saves.
  • No matter if they're on PC or console, their performance optimization needs to improve even further.
  • All sorts of legendary cars (Race Cars and Road Cars) appear to be affordable or obtainable prizes.
  • No more Online DRM (But still required to ban the players that hacked their save files).
  • No more MTX and Pay to Win content.
  • All single-player races are better to feature a double-file lineup rather than a single-file lineup during rolling starts, not separated by several meters.
  • Improved penalty system for both single-player and online multiplayer modes.
  • Having updated visual & performance damage (But I doubt both will have above 50% accuracy in terms of visual damage, due to the car manufacturers' licensing restrictions for games these days).

Sidenotes:

• Here is why I want both of their next installment to be developed for the next respective consoles, I wanted them to make their respective project even bigger and improve over their respective predecessors.
  • Both franchises are a big part of my enjoyment in teenhood and I currently feel bitter for both...
  • Both are more fun and more accurate/precise with Sim Racing peripherals than controller pads in my opinion.
  • I like how Gran Turismo 7 gets a Spec II update which includes the Sophy II AI, which displays the AI opponent's feelings plus some additional cars and tracks.
  • I would like to see Gran Turismo 7 get ported to PC in the near future.
  • Those who don't have bugs with Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport 2023, they're lucky.
  • I still prefer Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing & Automobilista 2 more than Gran Turismo 7 & Forza Motorsport 2023, for having a more realistic handling model than both of them.
  • I also prefer the entire Assetto Corsa series more than the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport series.
  • I have a feeling that I will much prefer GTR Revival and Assetto Corsa 2 more than Gran Turismo 7 & Forza Motorsport 2023.
  • Mimicking a licensed car's handling model to make it as accurate as possible to its real-world counterpart is not easy at all, so they need to hire professional race car drivers to test drive them in order to give feedback to their handling model director.
  • For the cars that previously appeared in Gran Turismo Sport and Forza Motorsport 7, I do understand why their 3D models get reused in Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport 2023, but updated with higher texture resolution and more polygons because that's their way to save time in development.
  • All sorts of Sim Racing & Simcade Racing games do not need to have the most realistic crash physics ever, because they're born to be pure racing games, not combat/rude/dirty racing games, unlike demolition derby/banger racing games like Wreckfest for example, they need to.
  • Happy 22nd anniversary to the Xbox brand on November 15th, 2023.

Edit: I always prefer Sim Racing wheel more than controller pads when it comes to circuit Sim Racing and Simcade Racing games.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By judaspete

Dinosaurs. The games would be better if they had dinosaurs.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I just want the big rubberbanding "race the train/airplane/kaiju/your sister driving your parents around when you're supposed to be sick" events of Forza Horizon to go away. Or at the very least they need to figure out how to adjust the rubberbanding for those who need to drive with assists on to have a chance at winning, because with braking assists and lines as they are now, it's way tougher than they need to be.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

With Forza, I honestly think they need to clearly delineate the features, scope, and gameplay expectations for the Horizon games versus the main series. I still maintain that the anemic to sometimes negative reaction to Forza Motorsport from newcomers stems from Turn 10 Studios not realizing they have two very distinct audiences because their two franchises cater to wildly different consumers. They would be better off just saying point blank what to expect and not expect in each of these series instead of thinking they can have cross-pollination between both without large swaths of people feeling disappointed.

Gran Turismo 7 and Polyphony Digital Inc. needs to embrace transparency. People still don't know what the long-term plans are and content updates are rarely communicated in advance or in a way where the info gets out before the content updates actually come out.

Bonus:Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown just needs to come out. Jesus, this game has been in development since 2016 and is approaching Grand Turismo in terms of the consistency of its delay announcements. What could you possibly be doing with this game that justifies it being in development for almost seven to eight years?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gtxforza

@judaspete: Yeah right lol, you also remind me of the legendary Daytona USA's Dinosaur Canyon Circuit/Advanced Course.

Loading Video...

@sparky_buzzsaw: I would like to see more Top Gear (British TV show)-inspired events for the Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series.

@zombiepie: Yes, this is absolutely that I would like to see them both get improved! For Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown, I'm still curious about what is it like being compared to the other two modern open-world racing games, Forza Horizon 5 & The Crew Motorfest in terms of handling model. I can tell at that time, Kylotonn was too busy developing the annual WRC series until their licensing got handed over to Codemasters, so they were delaying the Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown development project, so after it gets released in the near future, I would like to see them to develop V-Rally 5 and better have a much better career mode over it's predecessor.

Edit: For a Dinosaur-themed race track in Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport, it may take the aesthetics from theme parks like Jurrasic Park attraction in Universal Studios for example, and have Dinosaur animatronics too.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Have it like Colin Mcrae on the PS1 where you could turn your car into jelly, or press select to jump

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@gtxforza: It's why Daytona and Cruiz'n were such big hits back in the day. Dinosaurs.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: I'm unsure will the car manufacturers approve that their in-game cars can turn into jelly these days, I still really missed Colin McRae.

@judaspete: I loved the classic era of arcade-style racing games and it will be great to see more of them coming to this generation of video game industry.