GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello, PC gamers!

Well, not long ago, I've found these articles to do with the rumours on Nvidia's coming up RTX 4000 series graphics cards and I haven't seen anyone speculate this in the Giant Bomb forums.

Articles that I've found:

So here are my short thoughts on this:

To me, this is going to be a totally awesome GPU series that supports ray tracing and it is capable to run higher FPS than ever.

If I had an RTX 4000 series, along with a newer AMD CPU, I'm so going to have a great time to play on Assetto Corsa 2 and many other future games too!

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By whitegreyblack

My prediction?

Good luck finding one.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Speculation: You'll be able to buy them for three grand in 5 years

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Another wash as far as I'm concerned, same for whatever AMD will bring to market until the chip shortage issue is resolved. And I'm still pretty satisfied with my current GPU anyways.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GTxForza
@facelessvixen said:

Another wash as far as I'm concerned, same for whatever AMD will bring to market until the chip shortage issue is resolved. And I'm still pretty satisfied with my current GPU anyways.

I understand, I guess by 2023 when electronic shortages, in general, gets resolved then all the gamers around the world will feel relieved.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By frytup

Here's a summary of every one of those links...

"We have no source with information on what AMD or Nvidia are working on, but they totally MUST be working on new video cards amirite guys??"

Come on. This is garbage clickbait.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good thing that there is innovation and progress in tech, regardless of if we can get our hands on it. If you told me that 2-3 years from now when the chip shortage has been resolved the 30XX series would still be the fastest card on the market, I'd be very disappointed.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mean of course there will be better cards sooner than later its like every yr or 2 it happens at this point the issue isn't a when will it hasppen but if you can get your hands on them at this point. just this morning i stumbled on a pc gaming (i think it was) article about them n could only think to myself i wish my 2080(normal) was that nice n tht a 3080 would be nice cause bedrock minecraft with rtx on is a bit ehh with it even with mine n cyberpunk could have been more stable. but fact is i'm broke n speculation of 40series doesn't matter cause at this rate i probably wont be able to get anything newer till a 50series happens :/

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bybeach

I do not know how much longer my 1080 ti can keep winning.

So much winning...

So I guess I care about a RTX 4000 on hearsay, sort of. But the twin demons of Bitcoin mining and chip shortage makes it all theoretical, probably.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might as well be articles about UFO sightings. As much as I like tech news and new gear these announcement to me just translate to "more cool stuff 2nd market dealers and big box stores are going to use to scalp consumers".

Also even if the news was official, any thing that Nvidia does outside of actually making chipsets feels transitory. Paper releases, msrps that mean nothing, hostility towards reviewers. Mustering anything approaching interest is a challenge.

ClayPax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to upgrade from my GTX 1080, but holding out for a new generation of cards feels like folly at this point because availability is going to be dodgy for such a long time. It's hard to be hyped about a new generation if you can't buy one for anything close to MSRP.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GTxForza

@claypax said:

I really want to upgrade from my GTX 1080, but holding out for a new generation of cards feels like folly at this point because availability is going to be dodgy for such a long time. It's hard to be hyped about a new generation if you can't buy one for anything close to MSRP.

Me too! I always wanted ray tracing for my computer!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

In other news, Apple will come out with a new iPhone next year. These articles are just speculating on the obvious.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda hope they hold off releasing theae until the world gets its shit together.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

In other news, Macallan single malt whisky planning a new 30 year old release. Several Saudi princes already interested.

heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strathy: please delete this sir, whisky is haram.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claypax: @judaspete: I guess by the year 2023, a lot of people will have the opportunity to buy the electronics that they really want.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nvidia will use the current shortage to scalp users by raising the MSRP even higher. They may make another affordable price per dollar version like the 3080 but then hoard all the cards for their geforce now like they are doing atm. I'm hoping the intel cards are good and bring back some actual competition in performance and price.