Who cried during Vinny, Alex, and Brad's goodbye stream?

• 69 results
Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Who cried during Vinny, Alex, and Brad's goodbye stream? (541 votes)

I did 78%
I didn't 22%

I can't be the only one, right?

• 
Starkiller926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I didn't but I felt and still feel sad

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Came pretty damn close. My eyes were wetter than normal, let's say that

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Got teary eyed during the farewell stream. Straight up bawled at the end of Alex’s Rock Band stream.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I almost made it all the way through, and even when the song at the end started playing I was okay for a second or two... but then I saw Vinny get a look like he was tearing up and I instantly started crying. I'm an empathetic person so even just thinking about Vinny tearing up there at the end is making me tear up right now.

denisxcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cried during the Bombcast when the news broke, cried during the Beastcast when Vinny got choked up, and I cried when I saw a clip of the ending of the livestream on Twitter. I was at work today so I didn't get a chance to watch the stream live, but I'm assuming when I do I will be a fucked up mess. Huge RIP to this era of Giant Bomb, but I am optimistic about the future of the site. In my mind, Jeff has found great people to be on the crew in the past, and I believe he will again.

LARRYBIRDJRJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve been crying on an off since they said they were leaving and as the last stream started a calm came over me and watched the entire thing with a smile on my face. Although my eyes started to water when they were closing the stream.... Really emotional stuff.

DJedi1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man! Yep crying since tuesday. Honestly this feels like someone of the family died or went away for good or something intense like that. Im sure most of us never even met anyone on the team yet felt like family and heard them even more than many people from our "real world" most weeks. This is DEFINITELY a sort of mourning process for me. Im about the same age as all of them and this, is a HUGE reflection of my life and what "playing games" means lately to me. So glad to have this awesome community and be able to share this tough moment with you guys!

By the way, I also LOVE knowing some of my favorite people in the world are actually exploring new possibilites and places and moments in their life, even though they "had a sure thing going on for them".

HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Jatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@nushen: I've been telling myself this again and again but it doesn't help. These guys have been a major part of my life for 18 years. I was practically agoraphobic, and I had to overcome that in order to go to PAX to meet them. It was one of the biggest milestones in my life when I finally got up the courage not just to go, but to actually approach them and shake their hands.

Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I've been in a funk all week. Cried a couple times this week for a lot of reasons, mostly just as this moment really makes me reflect on change in my own life. I've really been trying to spend more time with my kids and wife and really appreciate the day, something about his moment where you always just thought these dudes would be around forever (although we all knew that was not true in the slightest) makes me really want to enjoy the now. I have never felt more embarrassed to cry over a bunch of dudes on a website about video games leaving for other things, but here we are. Much like everyone else in the thread I've grown up with these guys, and sitting around watching these videos from a chunk of time ago when both them and I were younger and different had me balling.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't

MikeOTron1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely during the Beastcast and the end of Alex's stream gutted me. I had to pack my fathers apartment up yesterday so he can go into assisted living due to a recent stroke. Listened to the Beastcast whilst doing that, and was a mess. Again, the end of the drum stream ruined me in the best way possible. They were happy tears, indeed. Today was also a bummer, being two years since my grandfather passed. So, yeah...F May 7th! Ha. The final stream didn't make me tear up though. It was great watching the guys watch old skits and the stream just radiated positivity. Brad, Alex and Vinny are going to kill it whatever they do next. Jeff is having another baby. The future looks bright. These folks have helped keep my mental health in check and I could not be more grateful.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All good things continue an end? Hoping Jeff can continue GB and keep it going but this is sad. Vinny has always been one of my favorites. Hope they all find success in the future.

brando1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a case of beer after work and am about to start watching. I’m honestly terrified for the finality

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Holy cow. I usually only have time to check in twice for the last bunch of months due to life stuff, but still love watching the Friday shows.

I didn't event expect this coming.

Also, Brad is leaving... Even after all the jokes.

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been crying off and on since Tuesday, it honestly has the same emotional feel as a break up you didn't see coming. I'm not sure if it's healthy feeling this way about people who I have never met, but I can't help it and if anything the outpouring of emotion has taught me the value of my actual relationships with friends and family.

Thank you to everyone who has been on this rollercoaster with me since Tuesday, I love you all too.

JamesB85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn’t. But I haven’t watched or listened to any of this week’s videos or podcasts yet. I will, I just can’t face into it yet.

Been burying my head in the sand by watching some old Vinnyvania videos instead. Nobody’s talking about leaving back then!

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt it bad during the last beastcast when Vinny got choked up and
basically said he felt he never deserved all the love. It felt like imposter syndrome
which is something I've been crippled by through most of my life.

Mostly though my confusion about the current situation is numbing my emotions a lot.

MisterEyeballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MisterEyeballs

I didn't cry but I honestly wanted to. When the last round of What the Dub ended and there were a few seconds of awkward silence as no one knew what to say, I got close. Everything just kinda felt empty in that moment. Ugh. Jeff spending the rest of the stream making jokes about them coming back didn't make it easier.

I think the only thing keeping me from getting truly sad about this is that I'm actually excited to see what the future holds.

scrappypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@permanentsigh Not silly at all, i've been having this dread feeling. Couldn't bare to leave the chat yestrday til 1am (BST) just because leaving kinda made it real.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I definitely had a lump in my throat at the end of that final stream.

You did the job.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

Not during that stream, but I did tear up a bit during the final Beastcast during Vinny's speech. Such a heartfelt moment.
Really gonna miss the guys.

Psygnosis911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't cry at the endo of the stream. I came kind of close though. I did cry after the Bombcast and the Beastcast though.