Google Stadia exclusives, it has begun!

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/08/get-ready-to-jump-in-the-stream-for-google-stadias-exclusive-games/

Like Epic before it, Google Stadia is the next platform to adopt the divisive strategy of exclusive games. Orcs Must Die 3 will be the first game to be exclusive for a time. If they follow the Epic trend then it will be for a year. What are your thoughts on this? Does it bother you at all? Are you not surprised? I mean we had to all see this coming right? I'm mostly wondering how many developers will go this route. Surely very few right?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The benefits would have to be pretty damn apparent because this seems like a really risky move. I feel like most people aren't even confident that Stadia will be function properly for enough people.

One may dislike the Epic store for I guess a variety of reasons but it's pretty hard to be concerned about whether or not it will Work.

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@efesell: Agreed. I know google did that beta test with Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but what will the platform be like when it goes live for everyone. What if it works fine with that paid beta Founder's Edition, but when they open it up everything gets bogged down. Maybe Robot Entertainment believes they will get in on the initial run, and make their money for a year, and then release on other platforms. This is the reality now though. I understand why developers may want to go to the epic store, but launching on a paid service may seem like a risky move unless google paid quite a bit up-front. If that is the case perhaps it will remain exclusive to Stadia? Nevertheless I believe it is still too early to tell. It is going to be an interesting fall gaming season, for sure.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's some REAL exclusivity because Stadia isn't even launching in my country, among others.

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: That's really unfortunate. That is why I believe the Founder's Edition is just a beta test. Not sure what your ISPs are like in your country, but I know in Canada a lot of them have data caps, and it will be interesting to see what the hit will be like.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThePanzini

Considering Robot Entertainment were in a very tough spot having layoffs and shutting down servers for their older games, Orcs Must Die 3 probably wouldn't exist without Google or atleast in this scope. An easy W in my book all round.

Stadia is going to need exclusives more than anyone else not only does it have to prove that streaming will work Google has to show its committed to making it work by putting its money where its mouth is.

And nobody is going to use most of Stadia's unique features well still being on more traditional platforms. The best way to sell Stadia is by having games only possible on Stadia and for that they'll need to be exclusive, Ubisoft, Activision and EA or anyone else are not going to do the job for them.

kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: Absolutely. It was like what Vinny was saying this week on the Beastcast. He needs to be shown what makes Stadia stand out. Well, it does not really matter because he already has it bought! LOL

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Google Stadia not only needs an exclusive but to me it needs a game that can ONLY be played on the system. I don't know what that even is, maybe like a single instance MMO with thousands of people interacting at once, maybe overlaid over the real world some how, ala Pokemon go. Some thing that justifies the tech's existence outside another product delivery model.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Onemanarmyy

It still feels like the only notable wildcard stadia has, would be coming from their first party studio led by Jade Raymond. They might present something that only works on their stadia setup. Orc Must Die 3 is a niche title that wouldn't really make the needle move on the amount of people getting in on Stadia i feel.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Google Stadia not only needs an exclusive but to me it needs a game that can ONLY be played on the system. I don't know what that even is, maybe like a single instance MMO with thousands of people interacting at once, maybe overlaid over the real world some how, ala Pokemon go. Some thing that justifies the tech's existence outside another product delivery model.

this

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orcs Must Die III.

What a coup.

DaneillaShaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so glad to see all the Stadia Games which have been announced yett!! XD I think i'm definitely gonna sign up for it! Can't wait to play Just Dance lol

Here is a complete list of all the games confirmed so far,in case anyone wants to check !

https://gameboggy.com/article/games-confirmed-for-google-stadia-cloud-streaming/1567405526211