Do you care about Halloween?

• 116 results
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I feel like every year at some point I think man I should do something on Halloween and then Oct rolls around and I make no plans buy no costume and do nothing special. I haven't done anything on Halloween since I was a kid trick or treating. Never been to an adult Halloween party and frankly don't know if they're even real things cause I have never been invited to one or heard of one happening. So, whats the deal with Halloween? I feel like I like the idea of Halloween but never am afforded the chance to partake in it, I will spend most of tomorrow alone playing videogames until my GF gets off work and then we will probably watch some scary movies.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nope, don't care at all. But I got talked into hosting a Halloween party tomorrow, which I find hilarious.

My friend said "damn, I need a costume?" Not at my party!

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I like using it as an excuse to play horror games (typically playing a few games during October and a classic like Fatal Frame 2 or Silent Hill on the day itself) or watch horror movies, because I don't often do either of those things at other points of the year. Otherwise, I haven't given a damn since I was old enough to trick or treat. I don't drink or have adult friends who hold parties, so there's no real impetus for me to dress up and go out. I maybe wouldn't mind having the opportunity, but it doesn't bother me just staying at home and enjoying a game or movie on the day either.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Absolutely. I love making costumes and hanging out with friends to carving pumpkins, watching spooky movies, drinking, whatever.

There was a small gap between trick-or-treating age and the adult drinking Halloween parties but other than that I get my Halloween on every year.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Halloween is the best holiday of the year.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Nah, not a fan. Candy is nice, but I don't need a holiday just for that

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Halloween is just one of those things that reminds me that I have no social life. I don't even have any real friends but even if I did I work so much that I don't actually have any free time to socialize.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is my favorite holiday thingy. But I don't ever do much or anything really to celebrate it, I just like the month, I like the t.v. playing classic horror and slasher movies, I love all of the Halloween episodes of whatever, playing horror games, decorations set up, the colors of the season, the pumpkins. I just love the tone and atmosphere of the month, it makes me feel really nice and it's fun.
But I don't dress up or go to a party really, but that's mostly because I'm anti-social and live in the country side far away from anything anyways.But I'm really happy whenever it rolls around.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Nope. Not anymore.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah I love it for many reasons. Mostly for the carving pumpkins (already done two) movies/horror games and dressing up but another reason is because people seem more open to the idea of the supernatural at this time of the year. I've dedicated years to studying the paranormal and take it very seriously, any other time of the year people shrug it off or call you crazy. This time of year people aren't so quick to jump to a conclusion that came about by not actually doing any research for themselves but rather by simply saying it's not real because they personally haven't experienced it. Like I said it's a fun holiday but here in Ireland it seems to open peoples minds a little bit more where they give things a second thought before assuming it's not real. I tend to wait for the day after Halloween myself, we call it All Souls Day, it's a day where the boundaries between the physical world and the spirit world are thinner so I tend to get some very good results when talking with spirits of friends/family. I can do it most days but it seems to be prioritized now to the recently deceased because they are the ones who might need some form of help and when it comes to family I just want to let them do their own thing.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Seems like barely a step above St. Patrick's Day in terms of pointless holidays used an excuse to do stuff.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

It's a great time for trap music apparently. My local Dj's played an awesome halloween show last night and the new RL Grime Halloween mix dropped last night for me too. I'm Australian so I'm not really into it, but I'll welcome anything that means more good music. Just hope I don't drink too much tonight

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all. I guess it's because where I grew up, I couldn't really go trick or treating so it never got its hooks into me from an early age. The only appeal Halloween has to me is that it's right in my favorite season of the year. I can watch horror movies any time of the year, so I don't really need a special day to go out of my way to watch those.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do a little. It gives me an excuse to play some scary games and watch old Halloween cartoon specials that I loved as a kid. mostly a nostalgia thing for me nowadays.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno... it can be fun. I don't dislike Halloween, that would be silly because it's harmless. That being said, I'm currently at home playing World of Warships instead of at my company's Halloween party.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Misfits song is good. That's about the extent of my interest in Halloween though. Dressing up isn't really my cuppa tea.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I consider--and have followed through twice!--watching a feel-good Halloween movie: Monster House, The Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.

I play Silent Hill 2 and watch The Exorcist without respect for the calendar, I rarely find parties enjoyable regardless of theme, and no children live near me--Megan's Law, you know. So the usual Halloween festivities see no life.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope but my ladyfriend does so now I kinda care. I don't mind getting to watch horror movies though.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

October is by far my favorite time of the year, and Halloween is usually fantastic, even if I don't do anything. I think there were a few years there where it lost the luster and communal celebration aspect, and no one seemed to be really interested in it. I feel like it's back, though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Nah.

I'm not really into horror movies or games, so I don't make a habit of using October as an excuse to watch/play those things. I haven't wanted to dress up and/or go trick or treating since 5th or 6th grade. So over the years, my attitude about Halloween has gone from "Cool! Candy!" to "...oh. Yeah. That thing is coming up again".

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an excuse to eat candy, which I don't eat at any other point of the year. So there's that.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I love it. It's super fun

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about any holiday. I don't care about tradition.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care much about halloween. I used to when I was younger but since trick or treating isn't something I can do anymore...I just stopped caring. I've never cared for scary stuff...and I could buy my own candy...but it's just not the same. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck Halloween, it's not a holiday, nobody gets the day off for Halloween so what good is it?

And it teaches children to go looking for free hand outs, buncha hippie bullshit is what it is.

SaltyKind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally? No. Now that I am father, though, most definitely (for my family). It's a great time of year to let my kids (and wife!) express themselves any way they want without fear of people mocking them. That and they get to run around with their friends getting free candy. I live dead center on Bourbon St. in New Orleans, and people go all out here. Makes it a lot more fun than it was during my childhood.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty much into horror/spooky stuff in general most of the year anyway, so Halloween just puts everyone else in a similar head space as me for awhile, so that's fun. Also, it's always been a pretty big deal here in New Orleans, which might look like an actual nightmare for some of you.

Hedonism: Engage :D

Loading Video...
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

As a straight man, I enjoy ladies in sexy costumes. I'm sorry.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By MetalBaofu

Not in the sense that I go to parties(don't do that in general anyways), or wear a costume or anything.

I do enjoy Halloween themed games/TV show episodes/etc. I don't mean horror games exactly. More like Costume Quest, Festival of Blood, and that Sleeping Dogs DLC type stuff.

I bought Whispering Willows and Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror on the PS4 sale today. Probably going to play them some tomorrow.

Oh, and the Rocket League Halloween items were pretty cool.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FrostyRyan

I don't care about holidays, including halloween.

I say that as someone who absolutely adores the horror genre across all mediums.

EDIT: Also, I cosplay at conventions so like, dressing up for Halloween just seems lame.

YumanBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By YumanBeing

The whole month of October usually means good scary movies on TV. I used to have a great time dressing up as something nasty and scaring the bejeebers out of people, but I'm just getting too old for that.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, I love it. I haven't dressed up in a few years though.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween is great. As an adult it is an excuse to throw a party with friends, drink, and watch movies or play party games. All with a theme.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the one holiday I do care about. It's the capper to my favorite month, and an excuse to bask in the horror genre slightly more than I do the rest of the year. The other 364 days have nothing on Halloween.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

It's not my favorite holiday, but I still try to enjoy it. I read or listen to audiobook of 'Dracula', which is one of my favorite books, every October, and try to find a "scary" movie I haven't watched before or haven't seen in a long time to watch on or around Halloween.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#36 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Not really. The only thing I really like about it is hanging out with my friends.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never worn a costume, not because I think it's silly, I just couldn't give less of a fuck about holidays in general.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, couldn't give less of a shit. My work is slower though on Halloween, so that's nice for myself lol.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, I am going out this year in fancy dress because my friends want to but I'm not really fussed about it myself.
Right now I'm kinda regretting agreeing to go out tbh, it's awfully tempting to just spend the night at home watching scawy films.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I wasn't even a fan of Halloween when I was young and had reason to Trick-or-Treat. Now I'm an adult and to me it's just a holiday where other people throw parties of varying quality and I don't dress up.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Hell yes. It's fun. I like fun things.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#42 FinalDasa  Moderator

It's fun. I avoid the crazy/dumb bars in favor for friend's costume parties. Not to mention getting to revisit scary movies and eating tons of candy.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Wait, dressing up for Halloween is lame but doing it at a convention isn't? Haha, that seems a little hypocritical. If you enjoy rocking a costume and having a good time with friends and/or strangers the setting really shouldn't matter. I'm all for dressing up, having some drinks and goofing around with some friends.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind Halloween nor do I care about it. What annoys me is the need to participate with trick or treaters.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I grew up in 1) the countryside where neighbours were half a mile apart and 2) kind of a warzone where all outdoor fireworks were banned from sale. We got a few days off school which was always welcome but I never really saw the appeal beyond that.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! I love Halloween!

Cerebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween is the Shit. I will usually watch Once Bitten, My best friend is a vampire and the 1992 Dracula. This year my wife had me watch Hocus Pocus with her. We typically hand out candy for the kids because people did it for us when we were young and its fun. Big circle of life.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's the one time of year where I can walk around in public in near full-on Chie cosplay and not feel completely self conscious about it.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Not really. I mean I enjoy it and I like seeing other people dress up and stuff but I personally do not. Then that can make going out a little weird sometimes (you have to deal with practically hecklers depending or just lots of questions). I also don't go out and party quite as much these days (I did a lot when I was a little younger). We will see if I go out tonight! I probably will because like I said I enjoy the vibe even if I'm not watching scary movies or preparing a costume.

@brendan said:

As a straight man, I enjoy ladies in sexy costumes. I'm sorry.

this is true. And hey I have gay friends and it can be fun in the same way for them. When I was in college it was pretty over the top many time honestly with what girls wore but being a little older it's usually nothing crazy.