WWE 2K A Retrospective

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Edited By nutta27

I have always been a fan of the WWE series of games. I owned Warzone on the PlayStation One before I had even seen a single match. In fact that game got me into wresting itself. I was also obsessed with the Smackdown games as a child.

Now don't get me wrong I know the games are bad. In fact I know they have been for quite a while. I just enjoy creating a wrestler and playing through the career mode each year.

Given that and because of the news that there will be no regular 2K game this October, I have decided to play my way through every single WWE2K game that has been released on the current generation of consoles. If it has a career mode (and if I recall correctly, some don't) I'll play a few matches and sample as many game modes as I can. With each game I plan to post a blog and ultimately Rank all of the games by the end of the series of Blogs.

Now I already Owned 2k17,18,19 and 20 so i have purchased 15 and 16 from eBay (for some reason they don't even show on the xbox marketplace or the PlayStation Network. As soon as I have sampled as much of 15 as I feel it deserves I'll let you all know what I think (I bet you can't wait).

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shiftygism

Looking forward to it! I'm interested in seeing how close your rank is to mine (of those I've played)... 2K19>2K16>2K17>2K18 ...15, then 20 would probably round out the pack. You gotta weigh a plethora of bugs and crashes with an interesting direction of content (2K20) vs. a stripped back bare bones refresh of the series (2K15). I'd do the same but I have too much on my gaming plate at the moment. I never did play 2K15, always wanted to check out the Warrior showcase. I'm sure you'll notice how awful his model ends up looking over time in those games.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

As someone that's been playing wrestling games since Pro Wrestling, I was sad to see that so many wrestling games over the years haven't been great. We get a wonderful Quick Look each year but I feel there's so much more to do with the genre.

Hopefully AEW dipping their toes into games and WWE canceling this year will lead to some quality titles next year. Til then, at least we have Alex's Def Jam series to look forward to.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I am glad 2K is taking a year off for 2K21 since WWE 2K20 got terrible reviews. I been a fan of wrestling games ever since WWF Royal Rumble on Genesis as a kid. I used to love the WWF Smackdow! series on PS1 and PS2 and played every single one every year. I enjoyed 2K14 as it had that Undertaker mode where you could wrestle against him at Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania Mode which was cool. I am more excited about AEW Dynamite entering the wrestling videogame world if they are able to get a game like WWF No Mercy which was fun to play as a kid with updated graphics and gameplay that is arcade like.