Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Buying Switch Lite for Fire Emblem, what else is good?

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After listening to a ton of conversations I am thinking that new Fire Emblem seem like a good excuse to finally jump on the Switch train. Which would also be my first Nintendo console since the DS or NES if we’re talking home console. Naturally, I am a bit out of the loop on what else is there worth my time, except of possibly Breath of the Wild. I could just look at review lists I suppose, but I figured you guys might have some personal gems that I might overlook. I’m open to any genre or style of game, but mostly looking for things that either are exclusive to the Switch or just fit the system very well. Any recommendation is much appreciated.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda is pretty excellent, though I suppose I can't be sure how much of my affection is fueled by my love of Zelda music so YMMV, but it's definitely still a solid followup to the original Crypt of the Necrodancer.

I also love Baba Is You, which is a fantastically smart, trippy puzzle game that I probably would've given up on much earlier if I had to sit at my PC and play it but being able to bang my head against a puzzle while on my commute has proven to be just perfect.

Along those same lines Into the Breach is a great fit for commutes too. The switch version came out later than the PC but I've ended up with way more time on the Switch because of how easy it is to play through a run on the go.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Mario Odyssey and/or Bayonetta 2?

Fair warning about FE 3H, I think the text is too small. I’m bummed it’s really uncomfortable for me to play the game in handheld and I have a regular Switch. That’s the way I mostly wanted to play the game but it’s real tough for me. On the lite, it might b a serious problem and there is no sign of a patch for the issue coming.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been holding off until that Persona game comes out on Switch but I've been very tempted by all the buzz about Astral Chain to pick one up sooner.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I can't recommend Into the Breach to you quickly enough. I am not a tactics game player, not really a strategy game player. But something about Into the Breach just refused to let me go.

Alternatively, the Switch is my favorite place to play Diablo III. Despite putting in hundreds of hours with the game on other platforms, I'm still enamored with the novelty of Diablo on-the-go.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imhungry: I actually listened to the soundtrack of Cadance of Hyrule at work not too long ago, despite never having played the game. It's so good. Baba is You looks fascinating. And since there are more Into The Breach recommendations, I should probably do me a favor and give that a go.

@liquiddragon: Thank you for the warning on the text, I looked up some images off of a handheld Switch and I think I'll be fine. I can see how it could bother someone but unless the text is blurry, or otherwise not clean, I am sure the size isn't going to bother me that much. Did play Bayonetta 2 at a friend's place, but since it's been years since I even touched a Mario title, could be interesting to see how I feel about them these days.

@jesus_phish: Astral Chain had completely flown under my radar, looks pretty ridiculous in a good way. I'll definitely look into that.

@inevpatoria: Man, Diablo III is so good. I could definitely see that working well as a handheld game as well. It also really have the added benefit of working well as a pick up and play for shorter sessions. Good pick there. I haven't touched it in a long time, only played on the PC (or MAC more specifically), could definitely be worth going back.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mario Maker 2 is a good one if you've been missing some classic Mario and just want to immerse yourself in it. The story levels are really well designed and feel like a full game on its own, then you get to dive into the community levels.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is good if you like JRPGs, but Fire Emblem is better and you're already getting that. You need to be very okay with anime, but the combat is a lot of fun and the world is really well fleshed out.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is one of my favorite games on the system, its so damn good if you're into that sort of thing. I still have no problem finding games online these days, but you do have to pay for the shoddy online service. Still, this is one of the best Nintendo games of the decade and should not be missed, especially if you have people to play with.

Also, I can confirm into the breach is very good. Some other good indies I've played on the system: The Messenger, Hollow Knight, Celeste, West of Loathing. Those are all top tier IMO. Basically the Switch is a dream for people who want to be able to play indies wherever they want, just like the Vita was.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you have good eyes. Fire Emblem text on the existing Switch is already tiny. Hate to think what it will look like on an even smaller screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.