Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Your most favorite female character created by Nintendo?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello

My personal favorite female character created by Nintendo is Edelgard Von Hresvelg.

No Caption Provided

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Inb4 someone makes this into a sociopolitical discussion. Calling it now, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Anyway, my answer is Bayonetta; the franchise might as well be a Nintendo IP these days. The games are great, and I can't get enough of her cocky attitude.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Samus, no contest.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nocall said:

Samus, no contest.

Is Other M canon? Is "the baby" one of Samus' key characteristics?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with Samus as well. She just gets down to business. And I can't think of another one Nintendo have a proper claim to.

I don't count Bayonetta. She's a Platinum woman through and through.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Efesell

I do kinda feel like Samus is the simpe answer so long as Other M is not real and can't hurt you.

Edel as a "Nintendo Character" hit my ear in a really weird way for some reason until I realized how deep Intelligent Systems is in all of that.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samus is the easy and obvious answer and probably mine, but I really liked the version of Pauline in Mario Odyssey. She’s this super competent super talented badass mayor and I really enjoyed how they redeemed her from being the damsel in distress in Donkey Kong.

I want a game set in New Donk City starring Mayor Pauline. Or at least put her in Mario Kart with a cool New Donk City track.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By geirr

While the gendered post is somewhat conflicting to see in 2021,
    my dumb gamer sense is telling my to push my own favorite and I can't ignore it, so..

My favorite Nintendo character regardless of gender is Midna.
    Striking design in both "forms", devious wit, clever, powerful, well-balanced and nuanced considering how Nintendo usually fares with their main characters.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geirr: I don’t think there is any issue with the gendered post in 2021. Nintendo has a history of having overwhelmingly male casts, with many of its female characters reduced to princesses in need of rescue. Even now Splatoon is their main recent franchise (not counting Metroid here) that features mostly females (with Animal Crossing arguably split.)

If you just do “favorite Nintendo character” you’re going to get a lot of Link and Mario and, of course, WaLuigi.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nocall

@facelessvixen: Never played Other M, so I can’t really speak to it. Metroid Prime Samus is probably my #1 favorite Nintendo character, with Wind Waker Link as #2 (since he worked for it instead of just being “destined by fate” or whatever).

If Nintendo ever did decide to make a movie (again) or series ala Castlevania, I would hope that they’d choose Samus/Metroid.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samus Aran above all

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geirr said:

While the gendered post is somewhat conflicting to see in 2021...

If this were MyAnimeList, you'd be hearing more about the equivalents to Rias Gremory because of how hot they are. Most people around here are, truth be told, a little too holier-than-thou for waaifu wars (including myself at times as a low-level misandrist), so the odds of this turning into male gaze cringe are very very very very slim.

@nocall said:

Never played Other M, so I can’t really speak to it.

Then feel free to watch the cutscenes with the expectation of either "Wow, 2010. This hasn't aged well" or "Wow, Team Ninja. You haven't changed much."

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By effache

toad

No Caption Provided

that's right, i said it

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Samus Aran, if you exclude any game where Zero Suit Samus is used prominently...

Eriswed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy Zelda from most of the games. It might be an unpopular opinion here, but my favorite Zelda i probably the one from Skyward Sword. I just really like how they made her feel like a teenager. My second favorite is probably Breath of the Wild Zelda. She's honestly the main character of the game, despite you not seeing much of her.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Loved Bernadette in FHTH, I respect anyone that never leaves their room unless they absolutely have to

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved Bernadette in FHTH, I respect anyone that never leaves their room unless they absolutely have to

I remembered that Bernadetta is shy and doesn't like to talk to strangers.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eriswed said:

I really enjoy Zelda from most of the games. It might be an unpopular opinion here, but my favorite Zelda i probably the one from Skyward Sword. I just really like how they made her feel like a teenager. My second favorite is probably Breath of the Wild Zelda. She's honestly the main character of the game, despite you not seeing much of her.

BOTW Zelda's pretty cool. I really like OoT Zelda though - she had been written as such an archetypical damsel in distress during the 2D era, but then the first 3D game comes out and after you flash forward past Ganondorf's apocalyptic rise to power, she managed to avoid being captured and became a badass warrior / musician. Yeah, the game kinda falters on that front after she reveals herself, but it's neat how much she helps Zelda out.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I am a strong supporter of Team Daisy.

Mikebill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite not owning alot of nintendo systems that she has appeared on (hell it may even be none seen as she was first on the wii and im one of 3 people who didn't have one), im a big fan of Rosalina. Not entirely sure why but i just think she's a cool character and im glad she has been able to appear in a bunch of other stuff outside of Galaxy, and the various Mario spin-off's

hassan918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Nintendo female character is Joanna Dark

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gtxforza

@hassan918 said:

My favorite Nintendo female character is Joanna Dark

Actually, Joanna Dark is owned by Microsoft since they've bought Rare back in 2002.

After that, their IPs including Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Blast Corps and others featured in Rare Replay, their ownership goes to Microsoft, meanwhile, Nintendo retains their ownership of Donkey Kong and Star Fox.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wii Fit Trainer. She's probably never been kidnapped.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.