Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Best WWE game on PS4

acidpop91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By acidpop91

What is the best WWE game on PS4? Are there any good non-WWE wrestling games?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There are none

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Fire Pro is a solid wrestling game, if you just mean wrestling and not WWE.

WWE 2k20 got slaughtered my the media and fans alike. The previous few games are totally fine if you really want to play a wrestling game. Just read into performance as the more recent games perform much better on Xbox One X than base Xbox One (not sure about PS4).

Frankly, they’re all basically the same game. It seems like the developers get stuck working on bullshit like entrances and slight character model changes each year. I don’t care about WWE as a brand, so whatever.

If you REALLY want a good wrestling game, the best suggestion I could give you would be to get an N64, a Gameshark, and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2. That game is goddamned amazing. It holds up, too.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Maybe don’t click that link...

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shiftygism

2K19 is as solid as you'll get for a WWE game on the PS4. 2K16 was good too, but it has less transitional animations/reversals, the online is shut down, and I don't think the dlc is still available for purchase. Be aware 2K19's online/community creations server will likely be shut down this spring, though fans petitioned Take2 to keep them up until the next game is released as 2K20 was a disaster.

Fire Pro Wrestling World is great, but it's more of a game you customize and watch than actually play, so it's not everyone's cup of tea. That and it has a steep entry point if you want to make use of its custom content as you'll need a majority of the dlc which in most cases is insanely priced. For that reason, I'd recommend getting it on Steam as you can work around that with mods (i.e. custom parts and designs).

Then there's Retromania Wrestling which should be out in the next few months and is the official sequel to WWF Wrestlefest (without the WWE license) and features a roster of Legends, indie stars, and has a NWA mode featuring Nick Aldis and the NWA Power studio.

Also arcade classics Mat Mania and 3 Count Bout are available on the PS4 as well. Mania is currently on sale for $3.99.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fire pro wrestling world after you download the wwe roster

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shiftygism

Heads up, I discovered the other night that Fire Pro's dlc is just unlock downloads, so any wrestler edit making use of unpurchased content can be copied allowing you to go in and remove the part or move making them previously unselectable. You're not as handicapped as I assumed if you don't go for the extra stuff, so that's another thing World has over 2K as any of that game's custom content containing dlc can't be downloaded unless you own all associated elements.

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the answer is fire pro. do not buy the officially licensed games. they're a mess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.