Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 5

Platform »

Sony's fifth PlayStation console launched on November 12, 2020 with two models: a standard edition with a disk drive and a digital edition without.

Will the PS5 and Xbox Series X reach 100 million unit sales

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll Will the PS5 and Xbox Series X reach 100 million unit sales (13 votes)

Yes, even if production is slow by year 5 the current consoles will sell - 90 M to 100 M each. 31%
    Yes, but those number might not be reached until after PS6 and Xb Next 38%
    Probably not, for many reasons - production, slower demand, PS4 is getting and even longer tail,... 8%
    No, because to sell 100M they need to sell 20 million worldwide for years - that just not seem likely 8%
    Gaming is changing! Selling hardware- unit sales - might not reach the big numbers of the past 15%
    I just want the results... 0%
    I don't like Kool Aid -- wrong answer! 0%

Covid-19 has not done consoles many favor in selling the new hardware, and very likely boosted play on PS4 or even the old consoles in closest. The PS5 and Xbox Ser X have both been to varying degrees hard to find on shelves. Slower system production has from my point of damped people enthusalsm for teh current state-of-art systems. Moreover, it could just be my states in games, but the games coming out are not barnburners for me. Even this news of CoD only having two more releases for Playstation under teh current contract I think dampends people 'enthusiasm' all over the industry.

If a high tide lifts all boats, a low-tide sticks everyone down in the mud.

I hope thing look up, I really do.- I'd be happy if Nintendo and Xbox sell blockbuster this holiday because I think the "industry as a whole needs to start looking healthy.

• 
    gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I voted for "Yes, but those number might not be reached until after PS6 and Xb Next", in my personal opinion, these two are the best consoles for photo-realistic racing games, even better than Nintendo Switch, thanks to the 3rd party racers like Assetto Corsa Competizione, F1 22, etc. They're not available on Nintendo Switch.

Even though the two following 1st party racing games: Gran Turismo 7 is heavily flawed while Forza Motorsport Reboot is still in the progress of development, I'm expecting them to get heavily improved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.