Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Does 12 months of PS Plus start as soon as you buy it?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Quick question: does 12 months of PS Plus become applied and start as soon as you buy it from the PSN store? The cheaper price currently going appeals to me but I dont have any MP games on ps4 right now. If I could buy it and bank it to activate at a later date that is my ideal.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Captain_Insano

Pretty sure it's instant

Maybe if you were able to buy a cheap code or card instead, then you could activate it later

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hayt

@captain_insano: Good thought! As it turns out one of the Aussie chains is matching the price on PSN so if anyone else wants an 25% off PSN in Aus try unless this also starts immediately but I cannot imagine how that works https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/playstation-4/playstation-plus-12-month-membership-digital-download/881682/

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hayt: That also works but, depending on the laws in Australia, it could have an expiration date that won't be printed on the card or packaging so you may buy it and use it a few months later only for it to no longer be an active code.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goboard: it says it expires 12 months after purchase but I take that to mean you have 12 months to activate it as the 3 month card also says you have 12 months to use it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.