Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Buying UMDS at this point: Yay or nay?

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CounterShock

With talks of Sony possibly having a service where you can get "special discounts" if you own UMD copies of PSP games has got me wondering if at this point, I should just stick with buying the digital versions of any PSP games I would like to play. Persona 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 come to mind when I think of PSP games I still want to play. Except physical copies of those games are cheaper than their digital counterparts. Plus I still like just having a physical box when I buy games. So should I just stick with buying the physical copies, or go all digital?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Whichever one's cheaper or more convenient I suppose. And when I say cheaper I'm talking long run.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joker369

My recent psp purchases have been digital because they will carry over if you get a Vita. Also the load times are much better if it is digital. So I would recommend digital.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By nohthink

@CounterShock: I bet those are cheaper in physical copies. I cannot guarantee the new ones would be cheaper but used ones would be definitely cheaper. It seems like Sony is gonna still make you pay to download your UMD version of the games for a cheap price(hopefully like 5 dollars). If I were you, I would just buy the physical ones if you already have a PSP.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

I'm still buying UMDs. I won't switch them for digital versions on the Vita until Sony has announced a solid, actual plan that guarantees I'll be able to get all of these games back.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By thebunnyhunter

I would recommend digital unless the game isnt on the store

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By coakroach

The cheap one.

Do the cheap one.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#8  Edited By bobafettjm

I am not looking forward to a world in which all games are digital so I prefer buying them on physical media.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I still buy UMD's if I can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.