Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sega

Company »

Sega is a long-running Japanese company responsible for arcade hits like Space Harrier, home consoles like the Dreamcast, and franchises such as Sonic the Hedgehog.

The Rambo arcade machine MARATHON!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c85872ac80d3
    deactivated-5c85872ac80d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

-Dunk, Myself and Giles

Earlier this year I attended a little gaming meet organised by a site called Ready-Up to be held at the London Trocadero. Made some new friends that day, played some games, good times had. Amongst the games played was one of my favourite recent arcade machines of the Troc- Rambo. I slowly managed to tempt one of my new friends, 'Giles' to participate in the organised co op warfare.

We locked our coins in and loaded our guns up. Cock Locked and ready to rock.

The rest of the night was spent in the warmth of the DS pub meet where a bunch of us were huddled over some bevies discussing our new found love for the Rambo arcade machine. I and a somewhat un-sober Giles pondered the idea of achieving a marathon, an arcade completion. Non-stop. All out. Un censored action. £15 each we figured.

A couple of months ago this drunken slurring became a real life, accomplishment... thing. If you can call completing an arcade machine that. I mean let's face it, it's not 1995 anymore.

Although our original idea of doing it ourselves with war paint went out the window, we managed to do it with help of 10 or so other gamers from the Ready-Up community.

It was a great laugh, even if one of the gamers jumped ahead of me when it was my turn finishing off the game. I mean that's just poor arcade etiquette!

I'd like to think that I shall revisit the Rambo machine and complete it myself someday. War paint and all. Maybe even film the whole thing. Who knows.

In other events...

The trailer for the new Karate Kid film was released yesterday. Myself and another fan of the original where awaiting this with low expectations. Seemed as though those expectations served us well. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the link.

There's so many things wrong with this trailer. One of which, is that the martial arts in the trailer seems more reminiscent of kung fu rather than actual karate.

And that's it till tomorrow. Christmas is right around the corner. Literally. And with that I'll leave you with a picture of my advent calendar all empty and sad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

-Dunk, Myself and Giles

Earlier this year I attended a little gaming meet organised by a site called Ready-Up to be held at the London Trocadero. Made some new friends that day, played some games, good times had. Amongst the games played was one of my favourite recent arcade machines of the Troc- Rambo. I slowly managed to tempt one of my new friends, 'Giles' to participate in the organised co op warfare.

We locked our coins in and loaded our guns up. Cock Locked and ready to rock.

The rest of the night was spent in the warmth of the DS pub meet where a bunch of us were huddled over some bevies discussing our new found love for the Rambo arcade machine. I and a somewhat un-sober Giles pondered the idea of achieving a marathon, an arcade completion. Non-stop. All out. Un censored action. £15 each we figured.

A couple of months ago this drunken slurring became a real life, accomplishment... thing. If you can call completing an arcade machine that. I mean let's face it, it's not 1995 anymore.

Although our original idea of doing it ourselves with war paint went out the window, we managed to do it with help of 10 or so other gamers from the Ready-Up community.

It was a great laugh, even if one of the gamers jumped ahead of me when it was my turn finishing off the game. I mean that's just poor arcade etiquette!

I'd like to think that I shall revisit the Rambo machine and complete it myself someday. War paint and all. Maybe even film the whole thing. Who knows.

In other events...

The trailer for the new Karate Kid film was released yesterday. Myself and another fan of the original where awaiting this with low expectations. Seemed as though those expectations served us well. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the link.

There's so many things wrong with this trailer. One of which, is that the martial arts in the trailer seems more reminiscent of kung fu rather than actual karate.

And that's it till tomorrow. Christmas is right around the corner. Literally. And with that I'll leave you with a picture of my advent calendar all empty and sad.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jonnyboy

I played that machine at Southend in the summer, you gotta have some boss skills to finish that game on your own, the difficulty curve is crazy. Might go back to Troc one day, last time I went there was for a tournament on the brand new UMK3 machine and the Marvel Super Heroes machine. It was a while ago now.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

That sounds like an awesome idea, and it looks like it was a ton of fun.

But holy crap how did I not know about a Karate Kid remake?  Jackie Chan is awesome, but he's no Pat Morita, and Jaden Smith looks way too young to be playing Ralph Macchio's role.  And the music?  Man, this looks awful.  AND WHY ARE THEY IN BEIJING?

Edit: And it looks like they already spoiled the "wax on wax off" moment in this trailer.  Which looks like it will fall with none of the weight the original did.  Okay, I'll stop talking about the trailer now. >_>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ Eviltwin- dude I couldnt agree more. Im big fan of the original, and this just looks like it fails so much. In every way. Twice over.

@jonnyboy- wow man you must be a troc vet likemyself. You live in london? I miss segaworld.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.