Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sega

Company »

Sega is a long-running Japanese company responsible for arcade hits like Space Harrier, home consoles like the Dreamcast, and franchises such as Sonic the Hedgehog.

The Sega Itch

snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Edited By snake911

No Caption Provided

I’ve been bitten by the Sega bug.  Yup this is odd, because for just about 10 years, I pretty much have not been paying attention to Sega and what they have been doing.  However, lately within the last few months, Sega has been doing some stuff that’s been catching my attention -- from both the publishing and developing sides.

Alpha Protocol
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
    Bayonetta
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4

You see, back in the early 90s, I jumped the Nintendo ship and joined team Sega.  I received a Genesis, instead of a Super Nintendo, and enjoyed what Sega was pushing out during that console generation.  My brother also got a Game Gear and we had fun with that as well.  However, Sega got weird for a while with the Sega CD, 32X, and the Nomad (the portable Genesis).  I was a dumb poor kid at the time and could not afford any of those consoles.  When it came to moving to the next gen of consoles, my friend -- who was a Nintendo kid -- received an N64 and was having a blast with it.  So, that meant I, the Sega kid, needed to move on with the Saturn.  However, that console just wasn’t clicking with me.  The games did not seem much fun like the games during the Genesis era, plus the way they were marketing it wasn’t making me want to go out and get one.

Playstation?
     Playstation?

My friend took me to his older brother’s room and showed me the Playstation (which at the time, I thought the name Playstation was a toy from the infant toy company Playskool.  I know, I’m ashamed to admit that).  And after playing Generation X and Tekken, I was sold.  And ever since, I’ve been a Playstation fan.

When the Dreamcast came out, I was skeptical and poopooed it, saying that it’s only a way to play arcade games at home.  Boy was I wrong!  My brother got one for Christmas and I feel in love with it!  Every game I played on it was entertaining and some had very strong replay values.  It was a shame that it had such a short life span.

I don’t know, but I guess after looking at some Sega  fanatic  blogs and seeing some familiar franchise characters as of late, I’ve seemed to get a massive appreciation from what Sega has done, and from a retrospective look at the company, I’ve been getting the itch to look towards Sega’s direction again.

So, to get this itch scratched, look forward to seeing some Sega related stuff from me!
    snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By snake911

No Caption Provided

I’ve been bitten by the Sega bug.  Yup this is odd, because for just about 10 years, I pretty much have not been paying attention to Sega and what they have been doing.  However, lately within the last few months, Sega has been doing some stuff that’s been catching my attention -- from both the publishing and developing sides.

Alpha Protocol
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
    Bayonetta
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4

You see, back in the early 90s, I jumped the Nintendo ship and joined team Sega.  I received a Genesis, instead of a Super Nintendo, and enjoyed what Sega was pushing out during that console generation.  My brother also got a Game Gear and we had fun with that as well.  However, Sega got weird for a while with the Sega CD, 32X, and the Nomad (the portable Genesis).  I was a dumb poor kid at the time and could not afford any of those consoles.  When it came to moving to the next gen of consoles, my friend -- who was a Nintendo kid -- received an N64 and was having a blast with it.  So, that meant I, the Sega kid, needed to move on with the Saturn.  However, that console just wasn’t clicking with me.  The games did not seem much fun like the games during the Genesis era, plus the way they were marketing it wasn’t making me want to go out and get one.

Playstation?
     Playstation?

My friend took me to his older brother’s room and showed me the Playstation (which at the time, I thought the name Playstation was a toy from the infant toy company Playskool.  I know, I’m ashamed to admit that).  And after playing Generation X and Tekken, I was sold.  And ever since, I’ve been a Playstation fan.

When the Dreamcast came out, I was skeptical and poopooed it, saying that it’s only a way to play arcade games at home.  Boy was I wrong!  My brother got one for Christmas and I feel in love with it!  Every game I played on it was entertaining and some had very strong replay values.  It was a shame that it had such a short life span.

I don’t know, but I guess after looking at some Sega  fanatic  blogs and seeing some familiar franchise characters as of late, I’ve seemed to get a massive appreciation from what Sega has done, and from a retrospective look at the company, I’ve been getting the itch to look towards Sega’s direction again.

So, to get this itch scratched, look forward to seeing some Sega related stuff from me!
    snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By snake911

Thanks for the tip about the Saturn.  I’ll lurk around and see if anything catches my attention =)

No kidding about the commercials.  They truly knocked the socks off compared to the ones we had in the states!

Wow, I did not know about the Digital Division thing.  Here’s hoping that it works out for them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.