Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 24, 2001

James Sunderland tries to locate his wife in the eponymous town of Silent Hill in the first sequel to the 1999 PlayStation horror game. It is the first installment of the Silent Hill series on the PlayStation 2.

Silent Hill 2 main voice actor contacted by Konami

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

Helldescent published an article a week ago saying that Konami has contacted Guy Cihi, voice actor of James Sunderland, concerning either the next Silent Hill movie or a rerelease of SH2. The guy's facebook account is private, so there is really no way of confirming any of this. However, it is a fact that many fans hold SH2 very close to their hearts. That, coupled with Climax saying they'd like to work on a SH2 reimagining and Konami showing a brief clip of SH8 behind closed doors back in April, with many sites reporting the character depicted greatly resembles James S., it wouldn't surprise me if a remake/reimagining of Silent Hill 2 were to see the light of day in the near future. 

The only problem in this story is that Vatra Games has already been confirmed to be working on SH8. However, that doesn't completely invalidate the possibility of it happening. I hope it does!

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

It's to bad I didn't like the voice acting in the earlier SH games.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By AuthenticM

The original Silent Hill is really the only game in the series to have bad voice acting. SH2 and its successors can't be compared to it, I opine. 

I agree though, that James Sunderland doesn't have the best of voice actors. The gal voicing Maria is a lot better. 

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @AuthenticM said:
    " The original Silent Hill is really the only game in the series to have bad voice acting. SH2 and its successors can't be compared to it, I opine. 

I agree though, that James Sunderland doesn't have the best of voice actors. The gal voicing Maria is a lot better. 

"  
    Its just that there is a lot of unnecessary pauses and it doesn't sound like anything connects when speaking.  It might be more of an audio editing problem.
    cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cnlmullen

The Silent Hill franchise has reached the point were I'd just like to see it rest in peace as a classic.  

Silent Hill 3 was okay (albeit too similar to its predecessors), but everything Silent Hill related put out since that has been a disaster.  

A little part of me dies every time a new Silent Hill game/movie flops.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.