Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer

Franchise »

A dark fantasy universe created in 1983 that spawned and inspired numerous tabletop and video games.

Should there be a separate Age of Sigmar franchise page?

TechiesRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Should an age of Sigmar section be added to the current Warhammer page or should it be considered a new franchise akin to Warhammer 40k?

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure, I think it's probably covered by this page well enough? Considering Age of Sigmar is replacing Fantasy Battle completely (officially at least), it's kind of just the current state of classic Warhammer rather than a new franchise.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Brackstone

Are there any Age of Sigmar video games? I feel like they are all old style fantasy battle.

Anyway, I think it should follow the paradigm of Horus Heresy and 40k. Giantbomb (rightfully) doesn't distinguish between 30k and 40k, and I think it's fair to consider Fantasy Battle and Age of Sigmar in a similar manner.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
    dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it'll be awhile before we seen AoS represented in any video games. GW seems keen on that.

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Until we get an Age of Sigmar game on the scale/success of a Vermintide or Total War: Warhammer I think creating an Age of Sigmar franchise page would just be muddying things.

It will need to happen eventually though, they're quite different in the details.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.