Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ArmA II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 26, 2009

ArmA II: Ultimate Military Simulator is, as the title would suggest, a Military Simulation game developed by Bohemia Interactive. Experience the intensity of lifelike combat situations in one of the most realistic soldier sims available.

whats with all the hate?

GuttlessCashew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GuttlessCashew

towards Arma 2. I've heard all lot of people scream about how shitty the game is but I don't get it. I think it's just fine, providing you spend the 3 min to tweak controls and the hour or so to learn to fly and drive. Also I found that getting in a commuity is vital because most public game devolve into caotic tking and asshatery.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By nvmfst

It's a pretty good game, but I just get easily confused with the control scheme.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

The problem with the game is that its overall quality is not worth bothering to make the control scheme your own or investing that hour into the driving and flying portions. Also, for some reason, I couldn't find the setting that turned fucking motion blur off.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's just not everyones cup of tea.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

Oh , so i wasnt the only one who dislikes the default controls, thats why i only played the demo for 10 mins, also i was too lazy to change them

dwakley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By dwakley

It actually looks great if you can get it to run and any FPS that isn't sometimes a slide show. It has lots of bugs still and is in need of some serious updates. Even with all that its still great if you love mil sims.

arca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By arca

Pretty much need a community to have fun in this game, theres quite a few decent ones such as shacktactical, tactical gamer, something awful, etc.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lowbrow

The game takes some getting used to I'll admit, and the quality of it right out of the gate, probably less so than that of AAA titles we see today, but the thing is, this game is built to last.

The mission editor is deep, you can pass along custom missions to other players joining with ease, and the scope is insane.

Give it a few months, with all the downloadable custom stuff modders will make for the game, find a good team, and this game is going to fuckin ROCK!

Plus, if you're in NA, the game hasn't even come out yet, thats why north american servers right now are few and far between.

some1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By some1
    @Jayge said:
    "  Also, for some reason, I couldn't find the setting that turned fucking motion blur off. "

I think you have to turn off post prossesing.

As everybody is saying this is a very deep game. The missions/tutorials dont really help that much and doesnt give the game the justice it deserves. The thing that pisses me off though is when someone says that they played the demo for five minutes and they think it sucks. Thats like trying to play a WoW for five minutes and basing the whole game on it.

H3ndry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By H3ndry

Unfortunately, though I love this game, the build quality and particularly the graphics, are just shit. I took a 3 month break from it and coming from MW2 at 120 FPS back to ARMA at fucking 35 was a miserable experience. I still play it, but I play it because of my clan, not because its a 'great' game.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By nanikore

*grabs shotgun* ZOMBIE THREAD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.