Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Arms

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 16, 2017

Arms is a fighting sports game for the Nintendo Switch from Mario Kart producer Kosuke Yabuki.

Did the two global testpunch convince you to get Arms ?

adulfzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By adulfzen

Like the title asks are you getting Arms after testing it ?

Personally I feel like the game will be a great deal of fun, I like the emphasis on movement and zoning rather than combos (I know that those are also important for other fighting games but you still need to be able to do combos at some point). It reminds me of Divekick in that aspect.

Also the fact that Nintendo is doing the whole Splatoon thing with free dlc for new characters makes me confident that the game will have some longevity.

It helps that the non motion controls work great while not being overwhelming, I know some people would want to be able to steer punches with the right analog stick but I feel like it would make the game unnecessarily complicated (obviously having some way to customize the controls would be nice).

So yeah before the testpunch I was gonna wait for reviews but now it's day one. (Also probably maining the Byte & Barq)

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No poll?

Yes it did

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was already leaning towards getting it, but the testpunch made me pre-order it. I've always had some interest in fighting games but always found them way too overwhelming to get into, so ARMS was pretty much right up my alley. Also helps that the dodge-and-punish gameplay was somewhat Dark Souls/Monster Hunter reminiscent.

Yoshisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still on the fence. I really liked the 1 on 1 matches, but the other modes were hit and miss. I really didn't care for the 2 on 2 team matches.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really looking forward to the test punch but I missed out because it took a month for Nintendo to fix my Switch and get it back to me. Am I ga img to have to buy another set of Joycon for the game, or is a regular controller okay?

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The test punch definitely convinced me to take the plunge which is surprising cause I had no interest in seeing anything about the game a couple months ago.

I was really looking forward to the test punch but I missed out because it took a month for Nintendo to fix my Switch and get it back to me. Am I ga img to have to buy another set of Joycon for the game, or is a regular controller okay?

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on controllers (Ben and Jason seemed to prefer motion) but for me I preferred traditional controls on my pro controller.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#7  Edited By sammo21

No, no it did not.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna get it before trying it out in a Testpunch.

After the first 1 hour session I was.... interested, but still on the fence.

after the 2nd session I think it had won me over, and now i'm pretty sure i'll pick it up.

I NEVER play fighting games, but this seems like a type of lite-fighting game thing I could get into.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Bollard

Still on the fence. I really liked the 1 on 1 matches, but the other modes were hit and miss. I really didn't care for the 2 on 2 team matches.

Yeah this. The 1v1v1 was also not fun. I guess you can just pick Ranked 1v1 matches only in the full game at least...

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Nah, I didn't like either control style. Pass.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No because somehow the whole world knew this was happening except for me. Both times.

Dylan_not_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I only got to test it for about 30 minutes. Was going to buy it day 1 before that, but the demo just made me even more excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.