Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Game » consists of 32 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

The sixth main installment of the Assassin's Creed franchise, set in the Caribbean during the age of piracy in the early 18th century. Players explore the memories of Edward Kenway, a charismatic pirate (turned reckless Assassin) and the grandfather of Connor Kenway, the protagonist of Assassin's Creed III.

"A single Madman" bug - assassins black flag

tubefive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tubefive

I've run into a bug in the single player. I'm playing Memory 7 called "A single Madman". I have to kill Julian Du Casse. The objectives tell me to "Reach the jungles exit", which I have, but the game doesn't register it. I've snuck all around town, I've been on the Spanish Galleon, killed its crew and wiped out the town, even gone back and killed everybody in the jungle, but it won't register that I've reached the jungles exit.

Any ideas?

http://www.tubefive.com/assassins-creed-iv-e4-a-single-madman-bug-assassins-black-flag-video_788220793.html

groundbeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By groundbeef

Sorry couldn't be arsed to watch the vid, but keep in mind when they say "reach the jungle exit" they really mean reach the specific checkpoint. Look for the blue spot on the minimap, or you might have borked it good by missing a checkpoint and killing someone you shouldn't have yet (Du Casse is on the galleon).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f13bfe580e44
    deactivated-5f13bfe580e44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a similar problem in the same area. For me, only half the textures for the big ship loaded in, so after I killed all his men, I couldn't get in the galleon to kill Du Casse. I had to restart the level which was annoying, but it eventually worked.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had this happen on a different PS3, though I was still able to assassinate Du Casse and end the mission.

HydraHK189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tubefive: I had the same issue. When I have reached the beachside with the buildings, foliage and guards, nothing happened. The objective was not completed therefore the next one, to find Julian Du Casse, was not triggered either.

For me, even reloading to the last checkpoint did not help (although I have heard for some it did so it is worth a try). In fact, it made it worse because then the objective of "Reach the jungle's exit" completely disappeared. I was without an active objective.

The eventual solution for me was to reload the completely memory which was quite a nuisance but I have lived through it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.