Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Do the stories work off each other?

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Player1

So I'm about halfway (probably more actually) through assassins creed (1) and I really have no interest in finishing it. Its not that I didn't enjoy the game, but its been over a year since I've played it. 

My question for you guys is do the stories of these two games work off each-other? Do I need to finish the first game to understand the first? My friend hinted at a huge ending that sets it up, but hes an idiot, and I can't trust him. 

Please, for me and whoever else hasn't finished the first game, no spoilers. Thanks.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Your friend is right. The ending of the first definitely sets it up for the second. :)

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be a lot easier to understand 2 if you played 1.

Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Giuseppe

On the gameinformer magazine they said people who play the second and not the first, will most likely be lost and your friend is right.

Elemmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Elemmire

You don't need to play the game though. Read a synopsis, or whatch one of the two thousand "ending explained" videoes at youtube.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.