Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Assasins creed, Johnson's errand help?

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Virago

So no spoilers intended, but I'm supposed to shoot the gun powder barrels but nothing happens when I hit the triangle button (y on Xbox). I have the pistol equipped, I even have a musket that I can pickup and drop with the O button (b on Xbox) but nothing happens. I've got the HUD enabled, pressing L1 to aim, nothing. Is this a glitch or am I just retarded?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

you have to hit the barrels on the ground specifically

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Virago

Okay so you have to target the barrels on the ground before shooting at all. Thanks :)

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Genkkaku

That whole game is full of pretty lax tutorials unfortunately

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By IBurningStar

I was stuck here for a moment too. The game has a terrible, TERRIBLE habit of giving rather vague directions. I have failed full synchronization numerous times due to being unaware of certain things, and trying clever approaches to scenarios that end up blowing up in my face in unexpected ways. If you hide in bushes and have a NPC following you, they wont hide in bushes and will get caught. That is just one example of weird things that go wrong.

What is a real shame is how it does a great job of explaining and teaching you how to do side stuff like hunt and whatnot, but completely omits or briefly goes over important things like, say, combat mechanics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.