Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Assassins creed 3: new start or repeating original?

Assassin17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Assassin17

Is Assassin's Creed 3 going to be a new start into something like Ezio, or will it be an original like Altair?

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mtcantor

Wait, what?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I hope Altair, I like the premise of the games but I hate that character focus they put on Ezio, he was not my type of player character.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Strife777

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

As the lead developer of this game and a person who played the game before it came out I can confirm this statement.

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deeveeus

...there's a new character altogether...

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Dixavd

Are you asking whether the new character will be more like Altair (so doesn't overpower Desmond and the Assassin-vs-Templar story) or if he will be like Ezio (and have a strong personality the makes Desmond seem sort of bland in comparison)? Or did you mean something else? This is a very odd question.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rafaelfc

Assassin17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Assassin17

@Mr_Skeleton: Please explain then

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

My understanding is that the Animus lost 9.1 subscribers. I'm not sure what your asking.

Assassin17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Assassin17

What i mean is if it wil continue like Ezio's story, or will it be a one-time thing like Altair?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Nubster

@Assassin17 said:

What i mean is if it wil continue like Ezio's story, or will it be a one-time thing like Altair?

That's a good question. I think that, with the sales of the series not decreasing, they'll milk it for all it's worth with annualized midquels until AC4.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By MetalBaofu

I doubt anyone has any idea, besides the developers. Personally, I'd be willing to bet that they will drag out this new guy's story through as many games as they can.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Assassin17 said:

We don't know.

But. They will most likely milk it, so yes it will be more like Ezio's story with several games.

At least the cost of revamping the engine and cost of all those bazillion art/model/animation assets dictates that they have multiple games in the same setting by sheer economics.

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Adaurin

I would expect AT LEAST one additional Conner game before AC4. Hopefully they learn their lesson and don't do more than that. Because for me Brotherhood was fantastic but Revelations was very disappointing.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strife777

@Assassin17 said:

Ohhhh. That makes more sense. Like others have said, we can't know for sure, let's not get ahead of ourselves, that game isn't even out. BUT! It's fair to assume that if people like the character and the setting, that they will continue Connor' story.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Snail

@The_Nubster said:

@Assassin17 said:

That's a good question. I think that, with the sales of the series not decreasing, they'll milk it for all it's worth with annualized midquels until AC4.

Remember when a lead person on the Assassin's Creed project said this would never happen, just about the time Brotherhood was released? Man that sure was a reassuring statement at that time.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheKramer89

I thought I understood the question, then I opened up the thread.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zella

@Adaurin said:

I would expect AT LEAST one additional Conner game before AC4. Hopefully they learn their lesson and don't do more than that. Because for me Brotherhood was fantastic but Revelations was very disappointing.

Yeah I loved Brotherhood but just found Revelations dull, they took away the brilliant life and colour from AC2 and ACB, while also just being swarmed with too many weapons/features etc that I ended up only using like 3 weapons the entire game.

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Adaurin

@Zella said:

@Adaurin said:

Yeah I loved Brotherhood but just found Revelations dull, they took away the brilliant life and colour from AC2 and ACB, while also just being swarmed with too many weapons/features etc that I ended up only using like 3 weapons the entire game.

Yeah I almost never threw a bomb the way I wanted to and if I hear that random woman on the street making that "Nah naa naa NAH na NAH" voice clip ever again I will run screaming into traffic.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gaff

@Assassin17 said:

I know portables don't count for much these days, but Altaïr's story was continued in Altaïr's Chronicles and Bloodlines. Yeah, Altaïr's not really a one-off.

And seriously underestimating the extent Ubisoft will milk the franchise for all its worth.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deskp

@Gaff said:

@Assassin17 said:

I know portables don't count for much these days, but Altaïr's story was continued in Altaïr's Chronicles and Bloodlines. Yeah, Altaïr's not really a one-off.

And seriously underestimating the extent Ubisoft will milk the franchise for all its worth.

Altair also has alot of story in Revelations(not much gameplay tho)

Alex H has said they'll go though Connors life faster than Ezio. I think he'll be fairly old by the end of the game, so maybe just one sequel for him.... Or maybe they give Aveline (ps vita lady) a proper console game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.