Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Is anyone competent going to be on TNT this year?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Note: This is absolutely not a slant on Ryan Davis or whoever else might play this from the GB staff, AC multiplayer has a learning curve and game reviewers don't have time to overcome those typically. But as far as the randomly selected players go they tend to be pretty bad and I'd be interested to see someone good really dominate a TNT match since it's relatively easy to do so and to see the response.

Aside: If anyone particularly seasoned at AC multiplayer has this game yet what are your early impressions?

Brother_PipPop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Brother_PipPop

The learning curve isn't all that much. You can hold your own after the first match, or rather half way through.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cbarnes86

Is the multiplayer much different than the Brotherhood and Revelations MP? I really enjoyed those multiplayers, but there was the learning curve and the point that half of the time, everyone was just running around getting 100 point kills.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rafaelfc

yeah cause high level play is what TNT is all about...

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By david3cm

@cbarnes86: thats why you were getting 100 point kills. And its not that much different, in preview coverage they showed different game modes like domination and others, but whenever I hit quick match I just get plain old deathmatch.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#6  Edited By Lazyaza

I don't think you understand what the point of tnts is. I watch them in the hope of seeing hilarity and nonsense, which requires people who aren't dead-faced serious about what they are doing, including both the gb guys and the people they are playing with and against.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RAMBO604

The multiplayer seems functionally identical to the few hours I played of Revelations. The MP in these games is good but it requires a time investment that is just too high. Far higher than the learning curve which is really not that bad.

As far as MP goes anyone else think the menus are a confusing mess? Everything is so cluttered and needlessly complicated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Rafaelfc said:

yeah cause high level play is what TNT is all about...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Again I'm not suggesting that the overall play should be high level, I'd just be interested to see the response to an experienced player; or really anyone using a different approach than the standard "I played a few hours of AC and still have no idea what I'm doing except that I understand basic systems." It's seriously like watching a chicken with its head cut off running around. Most of the humor comes from the GB guys not from a random person participating. 1.5 hours of nothing but inexperienced players is a bit dry and not all that amusing compared to a potential fish out of water sort of experience. Good AC players are rare I will grant, but maybe there's someone vaguely competent out there?

@RAMBO604 said:

The multiplayer seems functionally identical to the few hours I played of Revelations. The MP in these games is good but it requires a time investment that is just too high. Far higher than the learning curve which is really not that bad.

As far as MP goes anyone else think the menus are a confusing mess? Everything is so cluttered and needlessly complicated.

You're right about the menus being a bit awkward at first but they're kind of aesthetically designed instead of functionally desinged. They look cool or Animus-like instead of being straightforward; some level of appeal and not the worst menus ever; certainly easy to navigate after a few hours.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aishan

@Fredchuckdave: Fear not, I am the best player in the entire world and I shall make everyone jealous of my stabbing skills.

I once got a kill worth 250(!) points, you know.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grissefar

@Fredchuckdave said:

Note: This is absolutely not a slant on Ryan Davis or whoever else might play this from the GB staff, AC multiplayer has a learning curve and game reviewers don't have time to overcome those typically. But as far as the randomly selected players go they tend to be pretty bad and I'd be interested to see someone good really dominate a TNT match since it's relatively easy to do so and to see the response.

Aside: If anyone particularly seasoned at AC multiplayer has this game yet what are your early impressions?

@Fredchuckdave said:

Again I'm not suggesting that the overall play should be high level, I'd just be interested to see the response to an experienced player; or really anyone using a different approach than the standard "I played a few hours of AC and still have no idea what I'm doing except that I understand basic systems." It's seriously like watching a chicken with its head cut off running around. Most of the humor comes from the GB guys not from a random person participating. 1.5 hours of nothing but inexperienced players is a bit dry and not all that amusing compared to a potential fish out of water sort of experience. Good AC players are rare I will grant, but maybe there's someone vaguely competent out there?

@RAMBO604 said:

You're right about the menus being a bit awkward at first but they're kind of aesthetically designed instead of functionally desinged. They look cool or Animus-like instead of being straightforward; some level of appeal and not the worst menus ever; certainly easy to navigate after a few hours.

Your attitude on this topic is a little awkward, man.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Dagbiker

A single guy winning a match over and over single handedly for 2 hours with no competition is not my idea of a good 2 hours.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Benny

I don't think this site is for you if you want that from a TNT

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaLe

Do you even know anything about Giant Bomb?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@Dagbiker: I'm not saying 2 hours worth of matches just one match is fine; it can be a real eye opener to see a good player at AC; there's a shitload of depth to the systems. While methods vary in usefulness and cheapness generally a competent player will approach the game in an interesting fashion. It's not as simple as "I'm better at pointing and clicking than you," and hence can't be picked up on immediately.

@dudeglove: I don't hate noobs, they're a wonderful source of points and a hilarious 100% winning percentage.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cbarnes86

@david3cm: I only ran around if the rest of the people were. I tried to play the game the way it was meant to be played

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By Nev

I really could care less how well the guys play. Just call up Will Smith to dance in front of a green screen or something, and you have a pretty solid TNT.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thomasnash

People talking about how the multi player compares to previosu games, so I'm going to hijack this thread briefly. I'm not super experienced with the multiplayer in brotherhood and revelations, but the fact that they moved the stun button onto the x with the kill button keeps throwing me. It's definitely a sensible move because before you'd know who was chasing you because a b prompt would appear above them, but I definitely find myself hitting the b button and losing points because of it.

It's a shame that so many people do just run around like lunatics. Sure they only get small points bonuses but it makes it very difficult to play the game in the way that I think is most fun, all sneaky like. It's why so far my favourite game mode is probably Manhunt, because there are more opportunities for devious play. I quite like Domination as well. I kind of enjoy the challenge of the CTF equivalent but I don't think it works quite as well as it should, mainly because the pursuer always has the advantage.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Milkman

What makes you think that they're playing AC III on TNT?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Phatmac

Who says they're going to be playing AC3 for TNT?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By fox01313

TNT is just for the GB crew to have some time to play with the community (or others on the site on other TNT episodes) with cameras & commentary. They rarely try to do any high level of gameplay in these & like others, I really don't want to see one person just owning the match for game after game as that will get old rather fast.

nail1O8O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nail1O8O

Holy shit gamers these days are very fucking dumb if you think AC multiplayer is complicated, oh no poor game reviewers (who spend their entire day playing the game) how can we expect them to cope with the complex game mechanics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

I have a 100% win record in Brotherhood. Ask me anything.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#25  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

What the hell are they even playing for TNT this week? They pondered both Need for Speed and Halo 4 on ILM but didn't decide on one, and didn't even mention Assassin's Creed 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.