Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Origins

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 27, 2017

Assassin's Creed Origins is an action-adventure RPG video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It is the tenth major installment in the Assassin's Creed series and the successor to 2015's Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Season Pass and PS4 performance questions

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

First, I've gotten the impression the DLC is strong so far. Should I just get the Gold Edition?

Second, how is the PS4 performance? I have a GTX 970 and an i5 8600k OC, but the PS4 with rest mode is more convenient than using a Steam link.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@barrock: I can't speak too the DLC quality, I've been given the same impression from GB.

I can speak to preformance on the PS4. I own just a base-model, no upgrade. And to me, it runs just fine. I've noticed no major slow-downs or issues in the time I've spent with it, granted only about 6-10 hours. I would hazard a guess that your PC would make it look better..if the PC performance stuff isn't an issue, but only if your using the non-upgraded PS4, not the Pro. Otherwise I'd expect they look pretty much the same.

Your call if 5-10% better graphics (if you have the base PS4) is worth it or not. But so far as I can tell it runs just fine on my PS4. Withstood multiple rest-modes, restarts/relaunches, etc without seeming wonky to me.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Kingpk

Pretty sure it runs at 30 fps (if you care about that), but I'm at like 60 hours and I have had nearly zero issues and think the game looks goddamn gorgeous.

As far as DLC, I've heard the upcoming second one is meatier but the first one is well received. They're also doing something REALLY cool with a free update that adds a bunch of "historical tours" that use the game world to basically educate you about ancient Egypt. I loved the little historical tidbits they'd give you in the older games when you passed a famous landmark or met a historical character so I'm all over this.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MattGiersoni

Yep, performance is fine, extremely rare drops, it's almost constant 30. I spent 80 hours with zero issues, , it's very good on ps4, looks amazing too, even on the regular one. Probably the most polished and bug free Ubi open world and they constantly give free updates and QoL stuff in addition to paid dlc.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bonbonetti

I'm 50 hours in on the regular PS4. It runs really well, I have not noticed any framerate issues, so if there were any they must have been small.

I don't experience the 30 fps as detrimental, the gem of this game is the lush graphical details, the lighting and the colours, not the running speed.

I do notice a difference between the PS4 and the PS4 Pro versions, which a friend of mine plays on. The game does look better on his system.

I've only experienced two minor bugs in the game, nothing that affected the missions or progression though. One of them was an occasional text & audio bug for example.

I'm not a fan of the melee combat in the game, and think the button configuations and combat menues are terrible. I think 'ranged' is the best way to play this game. Just my opinion and suggestion.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@barrock: I played it on a base PS4 and the performance was rough at times. During bigger fights and around elemental effects like fire or smoke the game would become uncomfortable and sluggish to play. Parrying and stuff was noticeably harder in those situations. I see a lot of people say their game ran just fine but that was certainly not my expereience with it. During exploration and running around sure, but during fights and action sequences not so much.

I’m not some performance snob, I can play a 30FPS console game and enjoy myself just fine, but Origins I feel dipped below that threshold for me. Also I played the digital version.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I’ve run into almost no issues on my base PS4 after 40ish hours, except a few isolated moments of slowdown when opening and closing a menu in crowded areas. Always went away after two or three seconds and happened maybe four times in my total playtime so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.